Search results

1. W

Who can explain me this? Xen Gold 6162 vs. Xeon Platinum 6162

The 6162 has 10W more of TDP . but 2.5*24 is less than 2.8*22 .... I am thinking 6152 would probably be a bit better with better compatibility? Less cores with faster total speed seems to be better most of the time, esp given that 2.5*24 is less than 2.8*22 ? So hard to decide.
  2. W

X11DPI-NT Would 6152 be better?
  3. W

will the xeon platinum 6162 work with supermicro X11 MB? would they be significantly faster than 6140? This video shows only 42,000 cpu passmark score . I get 46,000 with dual 6140 . Is this 6162 really that slow? ;(
  4. W

AMD EPYC 7V13 64 core 128 thread $699

How are these compared to 7702? I got 7702 several months ago for the same price of $700
  5. W

Supermicro X11-DPi-NT for $273 OBO. Shipping from CA extra.

Also noticed that the last one was sold for $390 (compared to his price to me at $260 as the first buyer) ....lol . I guess the seller learned real fast about the interest for the MB at the price he was posting initially.
  6. W

Amazing. OOS. I guess this was a good deal. Hope whoever wanted one got one. Mine just got delivered today. will test it out later tonite.
  7. W

I also run benchmarks like passmark when I play around or put together a system. not ideal to do that over IPMI since most benchmarks you need to have a discrete gfx card that's a bit better than aspeed.
  8. W

Legit AMD Epyc or no?

i second that. dealing with tugm4470 was a pleasure. fast shipping! He usually has the best price, but once a while, i do see better deals coming from the US for the EPYC CPU. But for the MB, i think he pretty much has the best deal.
  9. W

Skylake are cheaper ways to get AVX-512. can only get AVX-512 with the latest genoa amd, which is still not cheap. for workload that uses AVX512 a lot, these older cpu are not that far off from epyc rome and is actually better in a lot of $/performance scenario. As long as you use AVX512
  10. W

AMD EPYC 7302p+ Supermicro H11SSL-i version 2

I second that. Better to have all 8 channels filled up with 2133 vs only 4 channels filled with 3200. The price of 3200 might still be a bit high for the larger modules like 32GB. So depends on your usage, 2666 or 2933 might be enough. But between having 8 channels filled with 2666 vs only 6...
  11. W

Any cheap reasonable Skylake single or dual cpu MB you can recommend?

They could always label it as wired only for 4x. No one would would ever put a 4070 into one of those slots
  12. W

there's nothing like directly interfacing with a real keyboard and live display of the bios without the hassle of having to boot up another computer ;). I have always been playing with these MB with direct interface! And i prefer to do that!
  13. W

I have to keep one around just for this purpose, a dell 19in lcd. And this thing is around basically just for the only purpose of having a vga and dvi inputs... lol...
  14. W

64GB LRDIMM DDR3 ECC ram for $20 or less

That is known. And yes, the more i populate the rams, the slower the speed. If you find a setting that restore the full speed, I think everyone here would really be interested. But i do believe that one quirk of these older MB is that the more ram you have the slower they get
  15. W

64GB LRDIMM DDR3 ECC ram for $20 or less

No specific settings. Just loaded up all slots with the 64GB dimms. Bios did say 1.5TB. I used y cruncher to calculate pi out to like 250billion digits all in ram only. You have problem getting it to work?
  16. W

Still doesn't leave the fact that you can't use it with dvi-hdmi adapter so you can use most of the newer monitors which has hdmi inputs.
  17. W

WD HDD Ultrastar DC HC520 HUH721212AL4205 12TB 3.5" SAS $76.89

don't forget the extra $12 shipping. I added some to my cart but combined shipping is not automatic! So you have to request it from him. And who knows if he will even allow for combined shipping or not. Sucks not to know ahead of time.
  18. W

I stand partially corrected..lol. But the concern still remains that many monitors (esp even more so with newer ones) with DVI inputs might not have be able to accept analog signal through their DVI since most of the reason why monitor manufacturers would have a dvi input on their monitor in...
  19. W

DVI-VGA adapter is a one way street. The adapter is used to output from a DVI Output source to a vga input equipped monitor. It doesn't work for the other way around, going from a vga output source into a dvi input on a monitor. VGA to displayport 1.2 converter is almost as expensive to get
  20. W

WD HDD Ultrastar DC HC520 HUH721212AL4205 12TB 3.5" SAS $76.89

I was lucky to catch the deal of 32GB DDR4-2966 RDIMM for $20 each months ago. Bought 512GB ram. wish i bought another 512GB. The problem is that 64GB LRDIMM DDR4 still costs an arm and leg!