Search results

1. JDMWAAAT

LSI 9300-16i $129 obo

That list really only has to do with what I said above - booting off of those drives. If you're not booting off of them, then you don't need to worry about it at all. Aside from that, you don't really need a 12Gbps SAS card for 3.5" SAS drives, even if their interface is 12Gbps. They won't even...
  2. JDMWAAAT

LSI 9300-16i $129 obo

Could you elaborate what you mean by "this card should do 4k sectors"? All 9200 series cards are 4k compatible, as far as I'm aware. The only difference is that some are unable to boot off of 4k sector drives, which is generally irrelevant for most people.
  3. JDMWAAAT

US-Ebay INTEL OPTANE SSD P4800X 750GB - sold out

There's no reason for this to happen. @triples please address this.
  4. JDMWAAAT

Help buying rtx 3080

5. JDMWAAAT

Today only $399: XPG SX8100 Series: 4TB PCIe Gen3x4 M.2 2280, 3D TLC Internal Solid State Drive

ADATA/XPG have historically bait and switched SSD specifications/performance in the past, not sure if it applies to this drive. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/adata-and-other-ssd-makers-swapping-parts
  6. JDMWAAAT

Micron 5200 Eco 3.84TB drives, $310 or less!

They are OK, but keep in mind they are SATA, so ultimately nothing special. Worth it for game storage if you need a lot of that.
  7. JDMWAAAT

Seagate Exos 8 TB SATA, 3 left. Seller accepted 80 USD offer for 2 units

You didn't include the $9+ shipping each.
  8. JDMWAAAT

CableCreation USB 3 Type-C 2.5GbE adapter for $20

Sweet, picked up a few. Thanks!
  9. JDMWAAAT

[US] Funtin PCIe NVMe SSD Adapter $19.99 (new)

This is functionally the same for $7 more with Amazon free returns. I use Dlinker stuff all the time with no issues. NVMe adapters are straight passthrough anyway. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YKQ2C93
  10. JDMWAAAT

HGST He8 Ultrastar 8TB HUH728080AL5200 $82

Well that was May 2019, they have since ceased ebay operations, probably around May 2020.
  11. JDMWAAAT

Aww shucks... Seagate 14tb $199 BH Photo

Congrats on your PayBoo card.
  12. JDMWAAAT

I've worked with them on my website in the past before. This is their grand reopening sale after suffering a horrible house fire. It's just a 2 man team handling all operations right now. They have been absolutely inundated with orders the past 2 weeks due to the low prices. If you have...
  13. JDMWAAAT

Bitdeals does not sell on ebay, it's pretty unlikely they are from the same lot.
  14. JDMWAAAT

SuperMicro X9 E3 boards - December 31, 2020 BIOS bug

A few of our users are tracking this as well, we are working on a workaround.
  15. JDMWAAAT

1U server with space for 12 - 3.5" hard drives (+ 1- 2.5" hd) via eBay

I have been recommending this for quite some time now, over a year. Generally I tell people to remove it from the case, as it's not super worth using IMO. https://forums.serverbuilds.net/t/guide-nas-killer-4-1-supplemental-deals/2187
  16. JDMWAAAT

Two PCIe SSDs (3.2TB & 1.6TB)

To be clear, the 1.6TB is OK, but I think the 3.2TB is a really good deal.
  17. JDMWAAAT

Noticed that the 3.2TB isn't on there :)
  18. JDMWAAAT

Hey everyone, this was a deal I worked out with the seller for our community over at serverbuilds.net. We have a huge (and growing) discord if anyone is into that sort of thing. I didn't want to post here as I didn't want to break any rules.