Search results

1. S

How do you plan fail over redundancy design for shared/VPS hosting ?

Who will operate the stuff? [Im hiring a remote team for phone calls, live chat, support tickets. If anything needs done physically, then I will do that myself. ] What's about monitoring, capacity planning, backup, incidents and patch management? [the remote team do it and I will monitor...
  2. S

Multiple Dedicated Hardware for everything or Virtual Instances from one beefy server ?

Yes, thats the reason, Im not looking to go crazy on the hardware, as the 5$ clients will be the most and they also know that, it doesnt come with any kind of SLA. So, Im looking to stack all those small clients in a server and for serious wordpress clients, I would put them in a SSD server...
  3. S

Then better to go with private cloud setup, as its easier to scale up, rather than adding dedicated hardware day to day week to week.
  4. S

Im confused. You prefer to go for server wise for client wise or build one single private cloud with multiple servers stitched into one cluster and do everything with virtual instances right from there ?
  5. S

If I ask, for an ideal setup to host like 1st 500+ clients, what would you suggest ? Imagine, HDD + SSD shared hosting clients not paying more than 5$ a month.
  6. S

Okay understood, so you suggest two of this servers (one live and one backup insta clone image) : E5-1280v5, 64GB of RAM, 2x 256GB Boot (mirrored/rAID1), 2x 4TB Spinny, 2x1TB SSD, and backups should be 2x4TB spinny again. RAID1 all of this. We offer the clients 5$ for 1GB disk space and 7$...
  7. S

Okay, you may suggest me, as Im only reading things, not yet tried this in realtime. So, my bad! So, you suggest to get two of this specs ? E5-1280v5, 64GB of RAM, 1 x 256 SSD (Boot / OS), 1 x 2TB Spinny (HDD Clients), 1 x 512GB (or 1TB) SSD (SSD Clients), 1 x 4TB on server backups So...
  8. S

I have bought a new /24 for starting my hosting business already and Im planning to put one Juniper SRX1500 in front of the main Huawei switch to which all the servers will be connected to.
  9. S

This is 1 server for shared clients which Im planning - E5-1280v5, 64GB of RAM, 1 x 256 SSD (Boot / OS), 1 x 2TB Spinny (HDD Clients), 1 x 512GB (or 1TB) SSD (SSD Clients), 1 x 4TB on server backups = This can easily handle 1000+ clients for sure. And Im the ISP and datacenter both myself, and...
  10. S

I have a friend who is running 1230v3 in house and running over 1300+ clients. Dont know how. He doesnt even use SSD, he is on all HDD. Im not speaking I want to give a bad experience to my clients, by offering from a under powered server, but Im just trying to understand about power and...
  11. S

My consultant is very very good at Openstack + KVM + cPanel + WHMCS. And I think I got the idea for redundancy fail over, here it is, correct me if Im wrong. Setup one private cloud using one Xeon 10 core server with 64GB RAM + (4 x 3TB SAS Drives) and add one SAN Storage server for fail...
  12. S

@Markus, ProxMox better than Openstack ? I was thinking to build one big private cloud with KVM + Openstack and use WHMCS + cPanel for customers management and billing, everything.
  13. S

Multiple Dedicated Hardware for everything or Virtual Instances from one beefy server ?

Okay its basically 90% of them are wordpress websites clients, who has like 2-3 websites in their hosting accounts. They hardly pay 5$ a month. So, I guess, a 4 core 1280v5 server can easily handle around 1000+ wordpress sites for sure.
  14. S

Yes, Im looking for 'backup archive' solution + HA + redundancy solution. Im new to this, so looking to suggestions what should be my step before I hire a consultant to set it up. I dont want to hire someone, without knowing the basics of the plan which I want to execute. And yes, I talked...
  15. S

We are looking to offer shared hosting and VPS hosting both to our 1000+ clients who are ready to subscribe to us. I know, no hosting company takes auto backup of each second for shared hosting clients or VPS clients without extra charge, but Im looking to do that for my clients. so, how...
  16. S

As im building the business plan for what hardware to order to dell or super micro, I need some help, as Im getting mixed opinions. Im going to offer Shared Hosting with HDD, Shared hosting with SSD, VPS Hosting with SSD, and Dedicated BareBones (when we get order, we will buy 1U server for...
  17. S

Trying to learn about iSCSI

is it something like connecting a server to a storage box only and that storage box acts like the inbuilt storage of that server ?
  18. S

Sharing my growth in the datacenter

Which model of supermicro is this ? I see lots of bays. I guess you use it as caching ? We are looking for a similar caching server alone with atleast 24 bays.