Search results

1. D

Possible good deal: 400GB Hp SATA SSD $29 shipped

Do these drives have the power on firmware bug?
  2. D

60 port 10G SFP+ switch 250 USD

These VDX switches are not as good as the ICX series. I have 2 VDX6740 switches and they are quite loud and ports are locked down by licenses. Firmwares are also not easily available.
  3. D

(Update 04-25) DFI DT122 (AMD RX-427BB) Industrial ITX T730-a-like; $99 shipped w/ 8GB

What's the weight of this units? I am planning to have one shipped internationally.
  4. D

Fusion-io ioDrive II - 1.2TB+ drives , 0.09 or 0.08/GB

Relisted item now has $7.90 shipping cost. Does anyone know about the availability of driver for ESXi 6.7? This would make a good datastore for IOPS hungry VMs.
  5. D

Fusion-io ioDrive II - 1.2TB+ drives , 0.09 or 0.08/GB

How low is the seller willing to go for 1 drive? $115 was declined.
  6. D

Home Network HELP!

Get a raspberry Pi and setup samba on it with an external USB HDD. Should serve the purpose well for cheap if you are not really after performance.
  7. D

Brocade VDX 6740

I paid $100 for both the switches which seemed like a really good price. I got home and upon booting them up, I was a little disappointed that both the switches didn't have any port licenses and I am stuck with 24 ports on both the switches. With that being said, the purchase didn't seem like a...
  8. D

Brocade VDX 6740

Hello STH, I have recently bought 2 VDX6740 switches from a company that was being liquidated. They were never deployed and were brand new. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these switches. I plan to use upto 10 ports for fiber connectivity across my servers and desktops in a...
  9. D

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

You would be better off laying a fiber cable and connecting both ends directly. It's much more futureproof and works better than having media converters at both ends.
  10. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

It's been only few weeks since I bough the FCX switch for really cheap (< $50) hoping it would power my home IP cameras. It did the job well and pretty easily, but I could literally hear it scream through the entire house. I guess the FCX switches are more suitable for datacenter usage provided...
  11. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I currently have a Brocade FastIron FCX648S-HPOE switch and it's too loud for my liking. I am thinking of replacing it with a 6450-48P switch. Will it be a good upgrade or a downgrade in terms of features, power consumption, heat and noise?
  12. D

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

I am using iperf3 inside the tunnel across the endpoints to check for the speed.
  13. D

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

OpenVPN process maxes out a single cpu core at 250mbps with AES-128-GCM cipher and LZ4-v2 compression.
  14. D

15% off eBay on 11/21: Code PICKFAST. 8AM ET to 8PM ET

Did anyone have success using the coupon?
  15. D

STH Colocation Power and Networking Overhaul Today

I am willing to know this too. On a sidenote, why isn't there IPv6 support yet?
  16. D

Dell R210-II E3-1240v2 16GB RAM 500GB HDD + rails + internal bits $215 + S&H

The processor itself sells for around $100. Seems like a good deal on a full server.
  17. D

Two e5-2696 v2 for $460 Very limited supply!!

Is there any chance these would work on 12th Generation Dell servers?
  18. D

HOT HGST HUSMM8040's for $99, qty avail.

I am currently running Lightning Ascend Gen. II 400GB 12Gbps SAS SSDs in my server. They are rated for 10 DWPD. Does it mean these Hitachi drives provide higher endurance for write intensive workload? I am willing to buy these drives if they do.
  19. D

Smoking (US) Aquantia 5G/10G Cards for cheap

Are these Aquantia cards better than these Mellanox ones? 2x Mellanox MNPA19-XTR 10G SFP Optical Network Card +1x SFP 10G gigabit cable 3M | eBay