Search results

1. D

SM x11sca-f + icydock dual U2 enclosure

Hi guys, about to buy this dual U2 dock but i cant seem to find reliable info whether its compatible or not Have emailed icydock support but they havent replied yet... https://global.icydock.com/product_328.html the cable...
  2. D

X11SBA-F IPMI mouse suddenly stops working

Any idea why? It's been working fine for almost 2 years. The keyboard still working, but I need mouse, I've tried changing the mouse mode to single mode but it made no difference. No BIOS change were made, but there were some outages last week, but the machine is connected to eaton UPS with...
  3. D

Building Clustered deskmini x300's

This is pretty farfetched, but i'm wondering if it's even possible. I need to build around 30 am4 based machines with monitor, in order to reduce dust and cooling issues (and hence maintenance) i'm considering clustering the boards in a rackserver, and then use lan-kvm to the monitor and...
  4. D

APC Surt6000XLI inverter error, what are my options?

Didn't know which sub would fit this so pardon if i'm not posting in the right place. So my SURT6000XLI suddenly throws this error. It's been a rainy season here with thunder so that might explain it. But then again i saw alot of people having similar issues on apc forum. I've tried replacing...
  5. D

Discrete graphics disables IPMI

Specs, nothing fancy, just my home server : SuperMicro X11SCL-IF + i5-8400 + RTX 2070 mini The issue is after moving the server to 2nd floor (don't want cables around toddlers) and use hollyland's lan-based KVM I'm getting “IKVM doesn’t support add-on VGA device” during boot. The kvm on the...
  6. D

Most durable nvme m.2?

I got a server running m.2 DC p4511 as OS disk, which has Power loss protection and High Endurance Technology, and from my previous experience with intel SSD drive, HET drive can sustain heavy write But it doesnt seem to be the case for the M.2 version, few hours ago my server crashed, saying...
  7. D

Help with LSI 9308-e possibly bricked

My LSI card suddenly throw this error after i swap its position in the motherboard : "unable to load avago technologies MPT Bios. MPT bios fault 0Dh encountered at adapter PCI (02h, 00h,00h) i have followed this guide https://www.servethehome.com/flash-lsi-sas-3008-hba-e-g-ibm-m1215-mode/...
  8. D

HBA passthrough best practice

Hi all, I'm trying to virtualize my 3 servers together and i'm wondering if DDA can achieve this 1. Server 2019 drivepool server connected to HGST 4u60 JBOD rack with LSI 9300 card 2. Server 2019 Diskless ccboot server with Intel dual 10G X520 and U.2 intel ssd 3. Mikrotik server, probably with...
  9. D

u.2 drive cooling?

Just ordered a p4610, and based on the what ive read here and from my experience with sn200, u.2 drive requires proper cooling. Would it be a good idea to stick some kind of heatsink / fan on top of the drive?
  10. D

Ups with long backup time

I'm looking for for ups that could be hooked up externally with ups battery such as panasonic's vrla battery. i've been using modified ups with same setup but it doesnt have proper cooling and voltage regulation. My wattage need is not that big, only around 1300-1500w. But where i live blackout...
  11. D

3u chinese server cases

Anyone tried these before? Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com I'm looking for cheap server case and because of the shipment to my country, the ones from china seems to be a better option. Particulary concerned about the airflow, i was going to look for 4u with short...
  12. D

IPMI IKVM + External display on Supermicro X11SBA-F?

I've been thinking of getting X11SBA-F for to replace my aging operator machine, but it must be hooked to a monitor 24/7, and at the same time i want IPMI IKVM to be active as well. Otherwise, i'd rather get consumer motherboard without IPMI. Problem is, my previous experience with X11SCA-F...
  13. D

X11SBA-F Psu options

I plan on using this SM board with this case I need the case to be as small as possible cause i'm gonna mount it to AOC's 16 inch usb monitor Now the problem is getting a server grade PSU that could fit that casing, The only option i see is Pico PSU and HDplex's 200w direct DC atx, I've had...
  14. D

HGST 4u60 + LSI 9300 8i + Server 2019 = stuck at spinning logo

Specs : MSI Z390 Pro Intel i7 8700 32gb ram corsair HGST 4u60 LSI 9300 8i Intel i2Ti Last night there was a power surge, not sure what caused it, and it fried my nvme i think, it became undetected So i reinstalled a new nvme drive with server 2019. During installation it went just fine. But...
  15. D

Need Advice on NVME m.2 chasiss

Is there any aftermarket chassis such as HGST 4u60 but for nvme? 24 slots will do. I've been searching for some time but seems like only Supermicro is available thanks
  16. D

LSI 9300 8i not detecting samsung EVO 850

Is there any known compatibily issue? I'm running this on gigabyte z390 aorus ultra with server 2016. Already update the firmware, driver and bios as well. Strange thing is, i can't see the bios menu of the sas card during boot, is it supposed to be that way?
  17. D

Cheap low power embedded board

Looking for cheap low power (<10w) embedded board, preferably intel, cause amd tends to have higher tdp. It will be used for 2 billing applications, email application and chat app 24/7 I've looked at supermicro but they're too expensive. Theres also this j1900 qotom board but i'm worried it...
  18. D

Hba card recommendation for ssd

Hi folks, i'm looking to get hba card that could be used with breakout sata cable, either sff 8087 / 8088 to sata. And it must also be able to be able to hit 6Gbps, cause ive read some dell card only hits 3Gbps for each drive.. Trim capability would be nice too Any recommendations? Edit : 8463...
  19. D

Pitstop's ssd jbod tower?

16 bay 2.5" SAS / SATA External Enclosure - J1606S Anyone bought this? Cant find any review or any comments about this.. I'm interested cause i'm looking for all ssd rack.. and it seems like theres very little affordable options.. The size is also ideal, not much bigger than regular pc casing..
  20. D

9202-16e / 9300-8e z370 compatible board?

Ok.. so ive had this spec for a while and its pretty stable. Server 2012 r2 X99 taichi Xeon e5 2670 ES Corsair memory 32 gb Intel pcie nic connected to poe switch for cctv Kingston ssd 9202-16e hooked up to 4u60 jbod But its rather overkill for my needs cause im just using it for emby...