Search results

1. I

Help setting up SuperMicro SC213

You can start psu by insering a pin bridging "power on" wire ( usualy green one) with ground wire (black). it can be done with a piece of wire/paper clip or you can use something like this
  2. I

Help setting up SuperMicro SC213

It is a half of 2u supermicro chassis not a complete server , somebody might have used it as a short depth jbod. You could do the same but that means some extra costs ( parts) and work (diy). And you would need a server to connect to jbod . There are some older guides on STH. You would limit...
  3. I

Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch ES-16-XG SFP+ Compatibility Thread

Brand: Dell Model: 1JTTN Type (SFP+, DAC): DAC DAC length if applicable: 2m Status: Working Brand: Finistar Model: FTLX8571D3BCV Type (SFP+, DAC): sfp+ DAC length if applicable: Status: not working
  4. I

12 sfp+ + 4 10gbe rj45 - Ubiquiti Edgeswitch 16xg

I just put together a pc from spare parts on a testbench ( msi x99 gaming motherboard with a xeon) so I could with flash firmware to all nics with ease before starting anything else . I realise that dragging large files between windows isn`t a good way to demonstrate anything beside the fact...
  5. I

quick test of dell dacs,the ones i got" Dell 10Gb 2M SFP+ Cable 1JTTN "from ebay ,10 gbp per dac. So centos server has copper intel x540, windows intel 520 doubleport with dell dac. centos SSd was 300gb dc s3500 so isnt a speed demon.
  6. I

I`m having some difficult times , finistar FTLx8571D3BCV dont work for me and Cisco h10g cu3m also is no go ;/ Only a pair of dell DAC 1JTTN seems to be working.Will take a while before I can start connecting stuff;/
  7. I

hello!

Greetings from a networking newbie,I am a longtime lurker who wants to learns a bit ,make his life a bit easier and his network better. Many silly questions incomming so brace yourselves :)
  8. I

I will do some tests when after weekend, switch itself is not loud ,its replacing quanta the main noisemaker, I`ll try to upload some screenshots of webgui and switch but i dont know the maximum allowed file size and accepted file extensions. Pics taken with my phone are as poor as my...
  9. I

I have ordered one in UK and it arrived today.