Search results

1. V

Samsung PM951 256GB NVMe $16.22 - raised to $19.99

Did anyone else order X amount of drives and not receive the correct amount? I'm chalking it up to just poor luck on my part. I contacted the seller twice with no response yet since Friday. I feel bad because I know people scam a lot, but I also paid for a product I did not get. 8/22 Update...
  2. V

Supermicro X10SL7-F $63

What's the difference between the regular model and the bl002 version? I didn't see anything on SM's website. I've been trying to decide between this and the x9scm for the same price. Replacing my x8sil build as my friend bought it off me. Thanks
  3. V

Best Buy Easy Stores 8TB NESN 139.99

I would say so. The 8TB's average sale is $150 and go as low as $130. When they first dropped, they were on sale for $190 (2017). I would assume the 10TB will do the same thing.
  4. V

e5-2695 v2 for $120-150 or less

I waited too long. I knew I should have picked up a pair this morning before work. Last I checked they had 50+ left. Crossing my fingers more get listed at the same price.
  5. V

e5-2695 v2 for $120-150 or less

I have been watching this thread waiting for someone to post results after receiving before I pickup a pair. Great price though.
  6. V

ES Xeon Discussion

Haha not really. I collect parts when I find a good deal. Half the time I have part of a build, but always missing something. I just like to tinker. Not sure how I am going to be able to afford some DDR4 ECC Ram though for this build. Prices went crazy the last couple of years. Looks like they...
  7. V

ES Xeon Discussion

Thank you. I found a single E5-2630 v4 QHVK laying around in a parts bin. Hopefully it works. I may try and pickup another of the same spec and pop those in.
  8. V

ES Xeon Discussion

Hello all. I recently picked up a X10DRW for a good price. So now I need to populate the sockets but cannot afford OEM CPU's. It can take e5 2600 v3/v4 and would be used for homelab and virtualization. What is the best models and sspec to keep an eye out for? Need to stay around $400 for the...
  9. V

ES Intel DC series SSD - Thoughts?

Perfect, thank you both. I will just pickup the s3500 drives.
  10. V

ES Intel DC series SSD - Thoughts?

Hello all, I am looking for feedback from those who have bought engineering sample SSD's in the past. I would mainly use the drives for home lab VM's. What was your overall experience? Any issues with data corruption or I/O? Would you save a few bucks and buy an ES again? I have seen a few...
  11. V

Everyone's next boot drive S3500 480GB $120

I just got the drive in, but a little worried about the SMART data. Would you keep the drive or return it an exchange and/or try another seller? Health: 100% Life: 54% POH: 33k Total LBAs written: 1050070.56 GB Total LBAs read: 936482.78 GB
  12. V

Great thank you. I figured as much just wanted to verify with the datastore guys. Order placed. :)
  13. V

Trying to decide between getting two of these or the crucial mx500 500gb for the same price to run some home vms.
  14. V

ES Xeon Discussion

I was able to pickup a SM X9DRH-7F for a good deal finally. This will be used for home lab/VM hosting. What would be the best price/performance ES/QS CPU to look out for now? Would they have to be matched? Thanks!
  15. V

Samsung/Lenovo PM853T - Like New - Ebay

I noticed this too but I took a chance and bit on 2 drives.
  16. V

Smoking Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200mhz $425

@Patrick - I ordered one when he relisted new stock in prep for a system build and just got it today.
  17. V

Smoking Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200mhz $425

Wow that was a good deal. I'm debating on picking a 1700 up.
  18. V

Is there a way to restore an LSI 2208 after firmware update failure?

@serverian - Thanks so much. Every time I update firmware I always have that 'what if' in the back of my mind even with backups. Great info!
  19. V

Hitachi Harddisks Thread (5K3000, 7K3000, 7K2000)

I took a chance and picked up some refurb 3TB 7K4000 drives from Newegg since they do not wipe the SMART data like gohdd does even though they only carry a 90 day warranty. For under $60ea I figured I would give it a try. Here is the SMART data from one of the drives. I am running them through...
  20. V

ES Xeon Discussion

I was able to pick up a some DDR3 14900R ECC Ram that I didn't really plan on. Now the question is, what ES/QS CPU should I look for, or is the E5-2670 v1 still the way to go? Thanks as always.