Search results

1. M

10G-SFPP-T slow in one direction

Has anyone messed with the 10G-SFPP-T modules that allow you to use a regular 10G SFP+ port to link at 2.5/5G? I'm having an issue where it's very slow in one direction only. iperf3 2.5G side -> 10G side 1.8Gbit 10G side -> 2.5G side 180Mbit I've replaced the cables, and tried 2 different...
  2. M

2020 IPMI update for X9 boards! No more Java popup.

It appears that all X9 boards use a common BMC firmware, based on release notes for various versions, and diff-ing binaries for totally different boards. But for some reason they only post the latest version for certain ones. I just found SMT_X9_362.zip, updated on 7/15/2020! Looks like it has...
  3. M

Windows detects U.2 NVMe drives as removable/external

Anyone have a fix? Tons of searching only brings up TreatAsInternalPort under storahci, no solutions for NVMe. I don't like the drives showing up in the safely remove hardware menu, but more importantly they are using Bitlocker To Go on them, which do not automatically unlock at boot, only at...
  4. M

Correct rom for fake 9270cv-8i

Bought it on ebay as a 9270CV-8i. It has PCI IDs for a 9265-8i. Most likely originally a NEC N8103-152 due to the tiny sticker on the back, but there's very little info out there on that card. Right now, it won't let me adjust most of the settings. I just get an error message "the requested...
  5. M

Maximize width on iKVM/HTML5 & Get rid of Java popup!

Having to scroll sideways always bothers me. I made this little script that removes the whitespace on Supermicro's interface to get maximum screen real estate without scrolling sideways. Use with Tampermonkey extension for Chrome. // ==UserScript== // @name IPMI Width // @namespace...
  6. M

Supermicro boards - why do they POST so slowly?

Normally not much of an issue, but I had a massive headache last night where I kept having to restart into DOS, UEFI shell, Linux, over and over. Why the heck do these boards take so long to POST? Is there any setting I'm missing that will speed things up?
  7. M

Intel S2600STB - $600 OBO

Selling my Intel S2600STB due to incompatibility with ES/QS CPUs. Bought new a few months ago and tested working with Xeon Gold 5115 QS, but I wanted more cores than that. <1 hour total power on time. Fits nicely in Supermicro SC836, even though SM doesn't state compatibility with SSI EEB - all...
  8. M

CNVi Wireless... Impossible to upgrade now?

Just learned about this new "improved" wifi interface recently when trying to upgrade the wifi in my new laptop. Apparently now the wifi chipset is integrated with the CPU. I currently have an Intel AC 9560 card, that I'm trying to swap out for an AX201. Both are CNVi cards, but the laptop won't...
  9. M

Intel S2600STB - Cannot downgrade BIOS over IPMI

Has anyone been able to downgrade the BIOS on an Intel S2600ST? I'm trying to get a ES CPU working, but keep getting POST code F7. The IPMI flash seems to succeed, but still shows the same BIOS version afterwards.
  10. M

FS: Supermicro static rails

These came on 2 servers I purchased, but I replaced them with the slide out version. Fit SC836 and SC848 that I have, should be compatible with any other chassis that uses the same rails as those. 2 sets available. $50 per set shipped within the US. Discount if you're interested in both.
  11. M

2x Builds... Upgrading and a server for second house

Build 1: Build’s Name: Main server upgrade Operating System/ Storage Platform: Server 2019 w/ Hyper-V CPU: 2x Xeon Platinum 8260 ES 8276L QS Motherboard: Intel S2600STB Supermicro X11DPH-T Chassis: SuperMicro SC836 Drives: (new) Intel Optane 800p 118GB NVMe 256GB PM981 2x Samsung PM981 2TB...
  12. M

FS: SuperMicro MCP-220-00023-01 2.5 HDD Tray

Bought this for my 836, but it wouldn't fit in the left slot, only the center slot where I want to keep the USB/serial ports. I have an older revision chassis, maybe it fits in the newer ones? $15 shipped.
  13. M

SOLD

Got ripped on ebay, processors were advertised as 6148, so got I half the cores I paid for. Had them sitting for 8 months while I acquired other parts for my build, so it's too late to return. Paid $1500 for the set. Offering here for $1200 $800 or best offer. Non-QS version is going for...
  14. M

Enabling Intel QuickAssist for IPSec VPN on C2750

Does anyone have experience using QAT with IPSec? I'm running VyOS (Debian based) on a SuperMicro 5018A-TN4. Getting nowhere finding drivers to enable the QuickAssist functions in the processor. I've managed to (finally) get close to 1gbit throughput on the VPN by loading the pcrypt module, but...
  15. M

FS: Various RAM. DDR3 ECC

8x Kingston KTD-PE313/4G-SNP 4GB PC3-10600 DDR3-1333MHz ECC Registered CL9 - $50 obo 4x Unknown 8GB DDR3L ECC - Has Hynix H5TC2G83EFR chips (datasheet says DDR3L-1866). - $50 obo 2x Wintec 3RSH13339R5H-8GK DDR3 1333MHz 8GB(2x4) Reg ECC - $25 obo All working pulls.
  16. M

RDMA slow in one direction.

I'm having a strange issue with SMB over RDMA. The file transfer is very slow on one direction only, and only when initiated by the client. Connection is between Windows 10 and Server 2016, 40GbE with Mellanox ConnectX-3 cards. If I do the file copy from the Windows 10 computer, it's very slow...
  17. M

Are there 2.5GBase-T SFP+ modules?

Just picked up some 802.11ax access points that have 2.5G ethernet. Are there any SFP+ modules that will plug in to a 10G port and negotiate down to 2.5G? Or does the switch have to provide support for that? I'm running ICX6610s at both houses and make full use of the 10G and 40G ports, would...
  18. M

Cisco Standalone Firmware

I picked up a CAP3602I recently, but I can't download the standalone firmware without a Cisco support contact. Is anyone willing to download it and send me a copy? Software Download - Cisco Systems
  19. M

FS: Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD 40G BiDi

Have 4 of these, tested working in my Brocade ICX6610. Selling because my SX6018 does not accept high power modules. $75 each or best offer.
  20. M

Anyone make a bus powered PCIe Thunderbolt enclosure?

Currently using these 2 to run 40GbE in my laptop. I'd like to find a bus powered version that's a bit more portable and convenient to move around, if it exists, now that I'm about to have a bunch more 40Gb ports around the house...