Search results

1. M

10G-SFPP-T slow in one direction

Guess I'm picking up some AOM-AQS-107... I tried the rate-limit setting on the switch as well, and thought that would have helped if it was transmitting too fast, but apparently not based on those threads.
  2. M

10G-SFPP-T slow in one direction

Has anyone messed with the 10G-SFPP-T modules that allow you to use a regular 10G SFP+ port to link at 2.5/5G? I'm having an issue where it's very slow in one direction only. iperf3 2.5G side -> 10G side 1.8Gbit 10G side -> 2.5G side 180Mbit I've replaced the cables, and tried 2 different...
  3. M

UPS to server connections

Yep, it's split phase all the way down. One setup has a Tripp-Lite SU6000RT4U, I wired a L6-30 on the input cord and it goes straight out to a C13 power strip. The other setup has 2 GE VH2000s that I cut a the plug off a C13/C14 splitter cord and replaced it with a L6-30. C13 outputs go...
  4. M

I have 240 split phase running to all my equipment. The PSUs are built for it, if you open any isolated SMPS (all server PSUs) and look at the PCBs the Line/Neutral are not differentiated at all - same circuit on both sides. The ground wire just goes to the case. Same for all the 240 UPSs I've...
  5. M

If you have both 120v poles, why not go 240v? More efficient and you can get 240v UPS's for cheap.
  6. M

2020 IPMI update for X9 boards! No more Java popup.

Spoke too soon... 3.62 seems to be missing some files for the jnlp KVM to work, errors out with a file not found exception when you try to use it. 3.55 seems to be the last version with everything working for my board. Still has most of the security upgrades and no java check. :)
  7. M

2020 IPMI update for X9 boards! No more Java popup.

It appears that all X9 boards use a common BMC firmware, based on release notes for various versions, and diff-ing binaries for totally different boards. But for some reason they only post the latest version for certain ones. I just found SMT_X9_362.zip, updated on 7/15/2020! Looks like it has...
  8. M

Are there 2.5GBase-T SFP+ modules?

Ordered 2 of the Optcore version! Seems like it should work since it links with the switch at 10G and converts internally. Going to try with a genuine Cisco AIR-PWRINJ6. Seen some reports that NBase-T will link at 2.5 or 5 through a 1Gb injector, just not 10.
  9. M

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Yes, please share the updated binaries! :) Instructions to enable LR4 would be a life saver! Or even how to extract/obtain the ini file to modify. I've been trying to get some BiDi transceivers to work forever.
  10. M

Gauge Interest in Arista 40G QSFP UNIV Transceivers

Interested in 2, maybe 4 if they work in my SX6018.
  11. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

You got the last set.
  12. M

1 rack ear set left, all others have been shipped. Producing these isn't really economical for me as a hobbyist, paying shipping for steel plate. Might have other sets come available sporadically, I can run a set or 2 whenever I have scrap from other projects that they'll fit on.
  13. M

For anyone that wanted 6450 rack ears, I finally got the part to fix my bending brake. With all the confusion over weather these were 6610 or 6540, and tons of PMs, I'm going to drop the price and just let everyone use this button. I have 5 sets and pretty much just want to get rid of them...
  14. M

Likelihood that a US ISP-branded router is backdoored?

Just the fact that AT&T let's me change the wifi password from the website would make my bypass their equipment if I hadn't already. Maybe you can run OpenWrt on it?
  15. M

Windows detects U.2 NVMe drives as removable/external

Anyone have a fix? Tons of searching only brings up TreatAsInternalPort under storahci, no solutions for NVMe. I don't like the drives showing up in the safely remove hardware menu, but more importantly they are using Bitlocker To Go on them, which do not automatically unlock at boot, only at...
  16. M

2x Builds... Upgrading and a server for second house

Yep, blew out both the RAM slot and CPU socket.
  17. M

2x Builds... Upgrading and a server for second house

Ugh, I seem to have the worst luck in the world with these things. Added the full 256GB to #2, and now I get an ECC error in the IPMI log and complete system freeze every few hours. Swapped RAM around, error stays on DIMMP1, swapped CPUs around and error still on DIMMP1, so it's got to be the...
  18. M

Maximize width on iKVM/HTML5 & Get rid of Java popup!

Better version of the anti Java popup that doesn't break loading the summary page. YOUR_IP_ADDRESS##+js(set, deployJava.versionCheck, trueFunc) Also found that Intel boards use the same <ip>/cgi/url_redirect.cgi?url_name=... urls, so I assume they use the same BMC chips. It should be...
  19. M

NVMe boot with SuperMicro X9DA7 & X9DRi-F

Gonna have to warn everyone not to try this with the v1.0 BIOS for X9DAi, unless you have the equipment to desolder and reprogram the BIOS chip. Tried the files I posted above tonight. It does not work with the ES CPU, but does work with NVMe as long as you have a non-ES CPU. After that, I...
  20. M

Hp branded Samsung SM825 SSDs, cannot access

Can you see the devices in linux, but not access them, or not see them at all? They might be formatted to 520b sectors.