Search results

1. G

First time fiber(er)

I am looking at the following on ebay, does below look correct. I was going to get 4 of them and create 2 100m runs using a lc/lc duplex coupler ( LC/LC Duplex Multimode Fiber Optic Coupler (TAA Compliant) | C2G ) LC-LC Multi-Mode MM OM3 10G Duplex DX 50M Fiber Optic Cable / Patch Cord | eBay...
  2. G

Is it possible to get these SAS Hitachi drives to work on a "normal" system?

I did not. I had no controller that could do anything with the disk, even a perc h310 in it mode passing through to the host OS. Maybe sg_format would have worked... maybe not.
  3. G

Is it possible to get these SAS Hitachi drives to work on a "normal" system?

I purchased similar HGST drives off of ebay, the seller did not realize that they were from an enterprise datacenter raid array and when they got to me they were recognized by my LSI raid controller however the controller could do nothing with them. I tried multiple controllers (make and...
  4. G

First time fiber(er)

Thanks for the response Evan. As mentioned, I had planned on using 1" pvc electrical conduit outdoors. I plan on using 10ft lengths with built-in bell ends (that makes me giggle a bit) and not sealing them. I'll push the fiber through one 10ft length at a time, then press fit the conduit and...
  5. G

First time fiber(er)

Hello all. I currently have my servers in my home office and I am getting a bit tired of the noise so I am thinking of moving them out to my detached garage. The route to the garage will be just shy of 100m (300ft) and I will probably do two runs of fiber if possible. Since this is my first...