Search results

1. D

Experience with Thermals: 1U 10-16x 3,5 inch drives (drawer-style) server chassis

Hi, I am currently planning several storage-intensive servers and stumbled over these 1U servers with 3,5 drives stacked in a 3x4 to 4x4 matrix inside the chassis. I found several manufactures for that which are all quite similar: As I can see, Supermicro, Asrock Rack, ASUS and Tyan are...
  2. D

EU ebay: Supermicro X10SLE-F (Micro-Cloud node) usually under 10 Euro

Hi, A seller on Ebay Germany is currently auctioning single nodes of a Supermicro Micro-Cloud cluster. The Mainboard ( Supermicro X10SLE-F ) can be used with E3-1200 CPUs (V3-V4) and 4x DDR3 Memory. It includes 2x 1GB Ethernet and 5x SATA Ports. Specs: X10SLE-F | Motherboards | Products - Super...
  3. D

Performance advice (3x Slow-drives - RAID5) on LSI RAID for ESXI

Hi, I have a small ESXI host in my homelab which runs a few hours a day for experimental work. The parts of the machine are chosen to be either low cost or low power usage: 2x E52650L on an ZTSYSTEM ACADIA12 board 128 GB DDR3 ECC 1x SSD Boot drive connected to the onboard Sata-Port 3x 3TB Sata...
  4. D

EU Baytech RPC-3A Remote Power Control @ Ebay 35 Euro

There is a german hosting provider selling all the Baytech RPC-3A 8-port power controls. They have Ethernet and RS232 serial ports on board. Patrick reported on them 4 years ago: https://www.servethehome.com/baytech-rpc3-deal-remote-switched-8port-pdu-50-windows-app/ A few additional...
  5. D

"OEM"-Licenses for vsphere - generally fakes ?

Hi, Here and there I see selles (usually) on ebay selling vsphere licenses which are with no support and no upgrades available. Usually they have some descriptions like "pulled off an old server" / "was attached to hardware bundle which doesn't need vsphere" or similar. While there are such...