Search results

1. D

EU ebay: Supermicro X10SLE-F (Micro-Cloud node) usually under 10 Euro

The larger network modules fit as well, when you use the mainboard out of the chassis. So every MicroLP network card is usable.
  2. D

Sorry for not following up for so long. I had a huge personal project to complete (moved home, work and whole family from one side to the other side of Germany), so working on the motherboards got on the waiting line.
  3. D

He is from our forum: hmartin I think.
  4. D

Looks great! No progress on my side. Was sick over most of December, but will continue soon.
  5. D

I would give it a try to resolder new fuses first.
  6. D

These boards are used by an ISP in Düsseldorf. They bought a Gameserver provider a few years ago and my gut feeling is that these stuff are the left overs which are maybe stored in a low profile environment.
  7. D

@nerdalertdk What kind of powersupply are you using?
  8. D

I double-checked it today. There are 4 SATA3 (6Gbps) which are working at full speed (My SSD shown around 500 mb/s) 1 Sata 2 (3Gbps) which allows my SSD to run at around 250 mb/s. And there is another Sata2 Port in the chipset, which is not electrically connected and available, but inside Linux...
  9. D

If you are still wondering what the base power-consumption of this board is, then here is a low power baseline: I used a 60 watt external power supply (12V) which connects to a 160 watt tiny-psu clone ( NEW DC-ATX-160W MINI DC-ATX Inline Power Supply Module Board 24Pin 12V 160W | eBay ). The...
  10. D

Wow! Just Wow! Lucky you, that I haven't seen that auction :-O Congrats! That's a steal!
  11. D

Let me know, if I should temporary send you the (already correctly wired) SOP8 and SOP16 plus Console-Breakout for the first installation. Cheers
  12. D

My boards didn't boot from disks, but from PXE. So adding any drive with a bootable Linux doesn't help if you need to get into the bios first. So it is basically chicken and egg dilemma. Easier it's of course to use the console breakout cable.
  13. D

Hi, Officially the black SATA port just for DOM devices. So something like a 4gb flash on a SATA plug. Nothing speaks against using it as a standard disk connector. Regarding the speed, I can do a few tests on it and compare it with the 4 white SATA ports. I powered all drives over my ATX...
  14. D

My second board which also didn't want to start, just required the BIOS update, as @hmartin suggested. So finally two of my boards are working just fine. The only one which I blowed up (I am pretty sure it was my fault) is still pending. I can also confirm @hmartin 's statement: If the BMC...
  15. D

Yes! The new board runs! Hurray! I can confirm that the works really really fine :) All 5 (!) SATA Ports also are working as expected. Ensure that you have a static air flow. The parts are getting warm quickly. Thanks everybody for the awesome support! I will create a few...
  16. D

And there is the famous E3-1220LV3 , which is just a dual-core Xeon, but with AVX and Hyperthreading and whopping 13W TDP. Sure it will be very slow compared to other Xeons, but maybe the exact processor for a low-powered NAS. That is exactly my plan: The very small form factor screams for a...
  17. D

Call it Stockholm syndrome! I bought a 3rd board! This time I have a nice CPU socket-cover and the seller used a quite large shipping box with no packing peanuts inside. I ready did a backup of the BMC firmware, added 2x 4GB PC3-14900E in the blue slots and tried a Pentium G3220 and a Xeon...
  18. D

@RageBone: What exactly is in the 32mb of your dump? Just the jffs2 part?
  19. D

Upgrading to 3.81 from my old blown-up BMC-Firmware with the enabled option to keep the config, shows at least the same effect on my board. So regardless of 2.19 or 3.81 the board reacts the same. What I currently have is: a) Connecting the cables as ragebone shows in...
  20. D

@hmartin & @RageBone I flashed the BMC rom of my blown-up board to the new one. As I can see, the board at least tries to start. Have a look at the IPMI Versions: At least inside the jffs it looks somehow different to the other one. It is at least older (2015 files instead of 2017) inside. I...