Search results

1. W

HGST SN150 / Application Accelerator s1130 1.6TB Bad Firmware Update

I haven't found a solution yet. I've kept the drive around, and have an idea, just need to snip the same model on ebay for cheap, and attempt to dump the flash via jtag using those SOIC clips. I think this would be a lot easier to resolve, but WD hasn't integrated and HGST...
  2. W

NVMe Bifurcation x16 PCIe Lane to 4x x4 M.2 Slots - Adapter

I recently found a new PCIe Switch card that is full bandwidth 16 lane to 4x4 lane m.2 slots. It's the least expensive I could find that wasn't limiting bandwidth to 8x (which in reality is probably enough). It's an IO Crest IO-PEX40152 (Aliexpress $299) - It's using a MicroSemi SwitchTec...
  3. W

Help with VNXe 3100

Check the shelf ID and lowest closest to the controllers, and each path to the next shelf.
  4. W

Before I posted, I did attempt connecting to the USB port, both while installed/powered on in a PC, and while disconnected. There is no device found or discovered. I assume there is something that either needs to be connected/changed to enable the USB device, or they are just using a micro USB...
  5. W

Where to buy low profile bracket for PCI NVMe storage?

I'll trade some one HH for FH brackets, I have 2, non-threaded HH brackets, but need the FH.
  6. W

Hello, I have a SN150/s1130 PCIe NVMe Drive that I attempted to update the firmware. There appears to be 4 slots on the device, and I attempted to flash it twice, using different slot numbers. First Slot2, then Slot4. When I flashed it to Slot2, it didnt work, but a powercycle brought it...
  7. W

How to get firmware from Oracle

No actually, the performance was better in a PCIe 2.0 slot on the other PC, it wont recognize the card in PCE3.0 mode. So it didnt reach the crazy high reads that SSD can get, but the writes for larger blocks was normal.
  8. W

Issue was the PC I was testing in, much better performance in another machine.
  9. W

I did upgrade the firmware, I wish I tested before to see if it affected the performance. I also, need to re-test in another system to make sure its not a local issue, although the FLASHMAXII tests were the same system (and an older Raid 0 with 12x Intel 730 480GB on an Areca 1883) so I am not...
  10. W

So I attempted performance testing on a pair of these F320 drives, and any large block transfers are really quite slow. I have two drives, and one was brand new, no power on cycles according to SMART. And their preformance is within testing margins, but not fast. I have older FLASHMAXII...
  11. W

You are a hero. Thank you very much. Apparently the older version of NVME-CLI I was using wasn't working. Installed the latest, and was able to update the fw.
  12. W

I only tried nvme-cli a bit off a live-boot Ubuntu usb stick, without much luck, and tried hp/dell/samsung flashing utilities in a windows environment as well. I need to do a temp install of CentOS instead of a live-boot so I can test more.
  13. W

Well, I have a few different OEM versions of the firmware for this model, but still no progress in flashing it. I am wondering how risky it really is to run it on the original firmware. I would be backing up the system the drive is intended for every night, so I am not really worried about...
  14. W

I completely understand not sharing them openly. I just need newer firmware so the drive doesn't fail. If you or another individual knows of a method to cross-flash or anything else to 'safely' use this SSD, that would be awesome. If public means are not preferred (understandably) please PM...
  15. W

If anyone has found the firmware files, please message me, I recently acquired one, and would really like to be able to upgrade it to resolve the many bugs. I am trying other options to get the firmware as well, but I don't know what option will work. Thanks!