Search results

1. L

adaptec asr-71605 on Windows2019 ?

Thank you very much for the info ! I don't have any adapter at this moment - this is essentially my pre-purchase due diligence. I know Win2016 drivers are generally working on Win2019 platform, just wanted to hear real-life experience - something in the back of my head is not entirely happy...
  2. L

adaptec asr-71605 on Windows2019 ?

hi guys, anyone running 71605 successfully on Win2019 ?? It's not officially supported (Win2016 only), last Windows driver seems to be summer2017 == long before 2019 was out. Checked internet and found ONE SINGLE direct reference here RAID failure during OCE I have 4Kn drives (HGST...
  3. L

Adaptec 78165 (8x internal, 16x external) w/ flash backup - $215 OBO

damn times are changin' are they ? Yesterday there was $80, now there's $99 [ seller aware of this forum :) ] I linked that because there is "add $50 for cache" option inside, what made it $130 ($149 now) total. Wonderful day to everyone !
  4. L

Adaptec 78165 (8x internal, 16x external) w/ flash backup - $215 OBO

NEW Dell 0KT1V Adaptec ASR-78165 1GB 24 Port mini-SAS SATA 6Gb/s PCIe 2280900-R | eBay $80
  5. L

C7000 estimated power consumption for a specific setup

bear in mind there is additional power consumption by enclosure fans - easily 500W - and FlexFabric modules etc. So you are easily looking at 5000W total for 16 blades with 128 physical cores. Additional cost will be tremendous amount of heat generated by this set : additional kilowatts have to...
  6. L

Affordable U.2 chassis (any RU(

been talking to Mellanox guys at VMWorld Barcelona, they said something to the tune of 9000 UK Pounds for 16x 100Gbit switch but please don't quote me - waiting for real offer. 48 bays are impossible to utilize. Let's say we have 300k IOPS 4kB capable SSD in each, that is 48x 300k = 14.4...
  7. L

chassis cost you mean :) btw for memory costs, we are looking at ca. 550 EUR = 600 US$ per 64GB LRDIMM modul without Value Added Tax (ca. 20% depending on country) here in Europe. You're right with PCI lanes dependency on CPU count. Single CPU provides 40 lanes, 40/56Gbit NIC needs eight...
  8. L

sure, we just won't start with maximum configs but expand-on-the-go as money will allow. As CPUs and memory modules can be easily added, and we are still not sure about particular model of SSDs, my "complete build" starts to turn into semi-barebones :) I just don't prefer to build...
  9. L

Apologies for not saying beforehand : would like complete build but has to be reasonably priced, ideally without CPUs. I was definitely hoping for more than four NVMe slots in chassis. Apologies for not saying beforehand : usage will be hyper-converged stuff, I'm looking for "density of...
  10. L

Guys, are you aware of something that doesn't cost arm and leg ? Preferrably 2U, but 1U or 4U will do it. I'm not after the uttermost performance, any reasonable compromise is fine.
  11. L

HP SL6500 4U 8-Node (16 CPU) Cloud Servers | 256 Threads | 2,048 GB RAM ~$2000

aha :( sounds like broken EPROM in the background or something. If there is backup ROM, try to switch to it - as I say, I don't know this little platform. Checking Bios versions from 04/04/2012 you have : Drivers & Software - HPE Support Center. there's pretty hefty list of changes. While...
  12. L

I believe this quotation has not too much to do with your inability to flash BIOS. At the same time I have to admit BIOS in the form of EE1 file seems weird, although I have no experience with SL6500. What BIOS and ILO firmware you have now ? Version (ie. I31 BIOS) and date please. Maybe we'll...
  13. L

Zankza, BIOS file you need is available in cp027855.exe archive (Win2008R2 platform) available here Drivers & Software - HPE Support Center. I got there from http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5177939&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4064 You said you have SPP, this file was...
  14. L

Going fast (inexpensively) 48TB of “near SATA” pricing NVMe SSDs

I had a second decent look at this topic :) while NVMe and three million IOPS are gift from heaven, there are some points I overlooked : - Patrick has tested Intel 3320. For read application, it's very nice - kicks about 350k random 4kB IOPS. I will talk 3520 below, different model. - for...
  15. L

looking forward ! Customer class is out of question for any comparisons. Samsung SM863 which definitely is enterprise class SATA and probably one of the cheapest SSDs is exactly at 0.50$/GB you indicate. Well, one government here in Europe got 85% discount on HP 3Par storage...
  16. L

Patrick, can you reveal the pricing ? Nobody from us would have the scale necessary to get there, just to salivate :)
  17. L

Can't get more than 20Gbps out of a 40GbE network - Suggestions?

>> Well, I *am* the boss, so I'll need more convincing... ouch it's getting better every minute :) Something like this : SAMSUNG Data Center Series SV843 2.5" 960GB SATA III V1 MLC VNAND Enterprise Sol is worlds apart from your experience with OCZ and PNY [WTH is that]. Failure rate of...
  18. L

>> The primary reason for using such large drives is the dropoff in disk speed as the drives fill up. rightfully expected - those are the "tracks" I was talking about. Throughput differs tremendously, every single test shows that. With eight disks and their prices, this is not about wasted...
  19. L

comment to bcache and company : they are linux based. Perry doesn't use Linux in his environment - he has Win7 on clients and FreeBSD on fileserver. EnhanceIO has been declared as dangerous and instable with potential of damaging filesystem, as far as I recall [not for my house, definitely]...
  20. L

I messed it up with that PCI badly :) oh I learn many new things every day, thanks for the Xilinx PDF. At least those "final throughput numbers" were pretty spot on, 3.2GB/s and 6.4GB/s are what I see almost everywhere. The rest I wrote should hold pretty strong unless someone proves me...