Search results

1. J

What To Do With a BUNCH of Zero Clients

Hey guys, I usually help decommission small businesses here and there in my free time, then turn the spares for profits on eBay and whatnot, but today was a little bit different. So I've got a couple hundred EVGA PD06 Zero Clients headed my way and I'll be honest, I've only ever toyed with a...
  2. J

FS: ES/QS Xeon Processors (Skylake, Broadwell, Haswell, IVB) and More

Hey all, I've got a wedding and a big move coming up so it's time to clean out the office. This post contains Skylake, Broadwell, Haswell, and a couple of IVB processors. I only have an X99 board on hand so only the Broadwell and Haswell processors have been tested (all of which passed with...
  3. J

FS - ES Intel Platinum 8176 QL1F Processors w/ Heat-Sinks

I've got a set of (x4) QL1F Skylake processors and no longer have the systems I pulled them from, so here's your chance to get a couple without waiting on long shipping times or having to deal with poor communication. The specs of these chips are listed as the following on eBay: "Intel Xeon...
  4. J

WTT - E5-2695 v3 ES (QGN4)

Hey all, I haven't really had any projects running in a while so I'm looking to swap some server gear for some more typical consumer grade stuff. This post is to offer my Intel Xeon E5-2695 v3 ES Processor (QGN4) for trade. It's an ES, but it's the final stepping and fully as functional as the...
  5. J

Looking for Ideas - New Job (Houston)

Hey guys (and gals). I've been working for myself for the past 7 months and I'm just getting kind of sick of waking up and walking 10 steps into my office for work. (not to mention the lack of non-email communication with people and constantly being around my significant other 24/7) I'm...
  6. J

WTB - 2.5" 1TB HDDs (SAS or SATA)

Hello again, I currently have a person that bought a server from me and he is looking to get ~5TB (or close) worth of storage. If any of you have any 2.5" SAS or SATA drives that fit this bill, he's looking for anything cheaper than what's on eBay (best deal with a Smart Carrier currently is...
  7. J

FS: Asrock X99X (Xeon E5-v3 & DDR4 RDIMM Compatible) Workstation Motherboard

Hello all, I have a spare Asrock X99X Fatal1ty Killer motherboard and I'd like to sell it relatively quickly. This board is (New - Other) condition. I say this because I used it for about 24 hours to test out my E5-2699 v3 processor sample that I have. Here's a full list of processors I've had...
  8. J

Is anyone here from Houston?

As I've been chatting with and making trades/sales to people on here for the past few months, I've been noticing that almost everyone is located in Silicon Valley or Canada (plus a few in the EU or Australia). Are any other members here located in Houston? I know Texas isn't necessarily as big...
  9. J

WTB / WTT - 10GB RJ45 Switch

Hey all, I cabled my house up with all Cat6 cabling, but I only have an 8-port gigabit switch connecting everything in the closet. I'm looking for a simple 10GB ethernet (RJ45) switch to take its place. I already have 10GB dual-port NICs on my workstations/NAS, so this is the final piece! I...
  10. J

Any Interest in Hyper-Converged Infrastructure?

Hey all, I wanted to gauge the communities interest in Hyper-Converged infrastructure products. I know it's more of a business-focused industry, but I have an interesting idea. I have the means to create an HPE Hyper-Converged 380 cluster, either a 2-node or a 3-node setup. I could have it...
  11. J

Opinions? 10GB SFP+ to 10GB RJ45 Converter GBIC

Hey all, I'd like your opinion on this GBIC and to know what you guys think as well. The GBIC is HP branded and came out this year. It goes into a 10GB SFP+ port on either a switch or an SFP NIC and converts it into an RJ45 ethernet port. Now I know that 1GB converters are extremely common, but...
  12. J

For Trade - E5 Ivy Bridge ES processors

Hey all, the title says most of it, but I have a few Ivy Bridge ES processors left over that I'd like to trade for something more useful to me. Keep in mind that these are ES (Engineering Samples) and you can hop to the STH forum thread about these if you aren't sure what they are. Most of the...
  13. J

Looking for Info - HP Apollo 6000 Chassis

Hey all, I've had very little luck when searching around online for more info about HP's Apollo 6000 line of servers. Mainly figuring out what all components are required to run a few nodes in the 6000 Chassis. I've got an Apollo 6000 Chassis, a few nodes, and I also have a power-shelf that's...
  14. J

FS - Cheap Memory, HP Servers, and Parts

Update 1 - Memory quantities have been added! Cheap memory for all! More cheap DDR3 and DDR2 will be added shortly. (4GB sticks are now $1 per GB!!!) Update 2 - Images of my rack and some memory have been added. I will add more soon and can provide info on any system/component if you'd like...
  15. J

Workstation Storage Question

Hey all, I'm currently working out a new build for a home workstation that I use to work with my racks and also for pleasure. My current rig is going to be sold and I want to avoid some of the issues I was having with my Samsung Pro NVMe. My Questions: What is the fastest storage device...
  16. J

Curiosity - Intel Xeon Phi Processor

Hello all, I came across this interesting chip recently and wanted to see what information you all may know about this chip and if it is usable in any new systems that have come out recently, or any slated to come out soon. This appears to be an Intel Xeon Phi Processor (as it says it on the...
  17. J

[Question] Network Speed Issues (Dedicated Circuit) - Hardware Problem?

Hello mighty gods of information, I'm in need. I recently had a dedicated circuit installed (Level3) and then had a networking services company (BlackBox) run a cable drop for the ISPs equipment to my server room. The issue is that we're paying for a dedicated 100 mbps UP and 100 mbps DOWN, but...
  18. J

FS: HP Moonshot M710 Server Cartridges

I recently stubbed my toe on an HP Moonshot that one of my colleagues thought would make an excellent door-stop (crazy, right?), so I opened it up. Now I'll admit, it's an EXCELLENT door-stop, but we sent most of it for scrap soon after my vehement cursing ended. Here's what I pulled from the...