Search results

1. O

Toshiba 14TB SAS MG07SCA14TE 512e $80

Know you can't have everything but agree with the above, 30 day warranty is the only thing holding me back from grabbing some of these.
  2. O

Dell Poweredge R240 - Barebones w/ Xeon E-2124 - $180

I certainly didn't need one, but they took $125. So.... yay another fun box!
  3. O

EXPIRED 1.5TB P4800X $300

The seller extremely quickly offered a refund and didn't want it back. So maybe they knew they were suspect? I didn't specifically ask for a refund, I just asked if they had any thoughts or if they had a known working one I could swap with. I also opened an Intel ticket. I feel bad attempting...
  4. O

EXPIRED 1.5TB P4800X $300

I ordered one as well. As indicated above it came well packaged but without any kind of antistatic packaging. Unfortunately mine seems pretty dead and warranty is expired. Lspci can see the controller, but intel toolkit and nvme tools don't see the drive.
  5. O

Z9100 or S5148?

I guess two positives toward the Z9100: Is still supported on the latest OS10 releases, the S5148 was dropped off a while ago SmartFabric OS10 Hardware Compatibility List | Dell US The Z9100 and S5248 are supported for SONiC last I knew, I don't think the S5148 is, pending you ever wanted to...
  6. O

Fun with an MD1200/MD1220 & SC200/SC220

If your in safe mode the Admin user is not active yet, until the system is fully booted you will not have GUI. I don't think you can change the Admin password while in this state as the config is not fully loaded to do so. Username: __safemode__ <--- Two underscores before and...
  7. O

Its customized American Megatrends so you can google those post codes and it should get you in the ballpark. I don't think an official post code list exists, I'm sorry. For the most part Storage Center management IP's are static, there are options for DHCP but I don't think most used that...
  8. O

The SC200/SC220 are rebranded PowerVault MD1200/MD1220's which were a Dell designed/built product. The only other product which looks like it uses the same enclosure/backplane part number is some of the EqualLogic products like the PS4100. I've never tried this swap, and if it does work then you...
  9. O

Dell Compellent SC200/SC400 Enclosures & SATA?

It looks like the latest official firmware for the SC200's is 1.03 as of SCOS 7.5.10. From the PowerVault realm looks like there is a 1.06. I think there is a therad on here where folks have upgraded to the MD firmware. I guess with that said I'm not sure why these enclosures are working for me...
  10. O

I'm not saying its not possible, but I don't think the Compellent developers would have disabled SATA support out of spite. Compellent controlled the drives installed primarily using a Dell vendor flag in the drives firmware, they also had information written to the drive to classify it as a...
  11. O

I wasn't very hopeful, but manually setting the speed (3G and 6G) via phyop on the SC400 did not help.
  12. O

So this is the full output of the SC400, SATA drives in slots 0-2, and SAS drive in slot 3. Reset are empty. Bluemoon:1.09 S0 >slot stats Slot Thread - Presence Changed Interrupts handled: 0 Local datastore contains 12 Elements of Type 0x17 "Enclosure Drive Slot" 0x00000000: [06 00 00 00]...
  13. O

Well, kind of looking like I made an incorrect assumption because SATA worked in the SC200 it would work in the SC400. Like you are seeing, my SATA drives aren't coming online. Interestingly enclosure sees this as a bad phy Slot PHY# | Cross Check | Local State ---- ---- | ------------- |...
  14. O

Interesting, OK. I have SC200's running right now with some SATA drives connected via a 9201. I'll be honest I've never tried an SC400 but I guess I always assumed it would work the same. I'll try to put some SATA drives in an SC400 this weekend and see if I get the same behavior out of...
  15. O

WTB: Supermicro PDB-PT747-4648

Hey everyone! Wondering if anyone has the Supermicro GPU power distribution unit (Part number PDB-PT747-4648) they would be willing to part with and sell to me? They are on eBay but don't really think its worth that price and gamble. Looking to install in an 846, which looks like it works with...
  16. O

1.09 is the newest firmware for the SC4x0 enclosures. Do you have SAS cables plugged into both EMM or just one? Can you try with just the top EMM SAS cable plugged in? I have access to an SC400 and could try this later to confirm, but my understanding is that SATA drives in these enclosures...
  17. O

FS: Atom C3558 Fanless Network Appliance

Is the power supply a wall wart or a power brick? Are any potential firmware/BIOS updates for these publicly available or locked down?
  18. O

New switch recommendations to replace 7450-48p

I think I'm looking for a similar unicorn, slightly tweaked requirements. All I'm seemingly coming back with are: Brocade ICX7450 <<< You already have Mikrotik CRS354-48P-4S+2Q+RM <<< I have no exposure to Mikrotik, unsure if I desire to try or not. Likely low power and in budget. Dell...
  19. O

EMC KTN-STL3 15 bay chassis

I'm personally not honestly sure. Its my understanding that the Gen 3 added PWM fans, so I would assume the VE doesn't bring much difference to the table? One item of note is that unlike other enclosures I'm used to (Dell) both of the SAS modules must be seated or it gets angry and ramps up the...
  20. O

EMC KTN-STL3 15 bay chassis

Sorry, should have included this information. Below are the part numbers I'm aware of, unsure if there are substitutes or alternates. P/N: 071-000-532 - 2nd Generation P/N: 071-000-518 - 3rd Generation P/N: 071-000-553 - 3rd Generation VE Below are how they look on the label, luckily it calls...