Search results

1. D

Multi-NVMe (m.2, u.2) adapters that do not require bifurcation

You do understand that you can find sound card that are in pci-e gen4 8x ! And the same as many graphic card of gen4x16 are do run internally - electrically : only at 8x and even at 4x. Like testing all those nvme drive.. skip the memory chip.. call <cache< and then you see all is about same...
  2. D

oculink to pcie3 X4 slot problems

Simply get proper interconnect. sff-8643 and off you go.
  3. D

Decide in u2 Kioxia CD6 - PM1733 or PM983 to fit on gen3 system -Temperature concern

i read Intel do keep temp quite lower.. But the Pm983 is only eating about 1.2 amp vs other. Will they throttle limit if just in pc case .. without extra high speed fan on them ?
  4. D

Decide in u2 Kioxia CD6 - PM1733 or PM983 to fit on gen3 system -Temperature concern

Hi I plan to put a setup of 4 sas u2 in a m.itx chassis and i got a selection of 3 unit: Kioxia CD6 (gen4) or Samsung PM1733 (gen4) or Samsung PM983 (gen3) As gen4 nvme do have higher sustained write speed, i hope i will be able to get a proper 3gbps of write or even saturate the gen3...
  5. D

The Highpoint do show perfectly, but the firmware present do help to translate the info. The ssd718x work good for that and even a direct gui tool to config and see thoses smart info.
  6. D

Of course M.2 is slow and after few second you end up at sata speed mostly. Having full pcie lane to feed U3 disk is quite the best used and whre you get all perfo.
  7. D

same thing. just advances feature that are only used if you do develop your own motherboard for server application. all card used for nvme are like only using about 20% of the feature of the chip. Hightpoint are nice one. The the one with internal and external port do offer upgrade for future as...
  8. D

PCIe Gen 4 bifurcation risers and NVMe SSDs

The solution is to get a plx card, that is mostly exactly like an usb hub. no delay... and over 1 slot you get 8. Good solution is card like Highpoint ssd7184 as you can connect internal drive and also external unit for flexibility.
  9. D

PCIe Gen 4 bifurcation risers and NVMe SSDs

Well, no matter what, if you do not have a retimer, the spec of gen4 do apply and signal lenght path is... very short. And evey connector do add signal loss.
  10. D

100Gb for the home... ConnectX-4 vs. -5 vs. Onmi-path?

wasn't it a bit problematic at some point as the nic card itself do heat quite a lot and the intel qsfp even more.. ? I look to upgrade, as currently i'm on 25g and it's quite animic and quite the bottleneck.
  11. D

i try to get the full manual of the chip : pex 8749 , but i never get reply from broadcom or find it. It should be a pdf (data book) of about 200-300 pages. Any do have it ?
  12. D

Hba generation diff and nvme - any real difference ?

Hi I do wonder about the different compatibility and usage of different genration of hba. So first, if a Micron 9300 u2 or a consumer normal m.2 drive in an hba that support only sas 12g vs nvme.. any data corruption or decreased life ? And while the microchip HBA1100 do run at sas and sata...
  13. D

On the PEX 8749 card, is any had found a way to mix / readjust the config firmware on those card to have a mix of speed as : getting x8 speed on 2 or 4 port and the rest other 4port run a 4x ? I did see somewhere those card as all using the pex 8749 chip can output all 8 port as 4 group of 2...
  14. D

LSI 9362-8i in a Thunderbolt enclosure + Windows = no go?

You try many thing at same time. you had issues on your raid card, the asus tb extension is just alone a problem generator on his own. And booting the eeprom of the raid card, after the tb.. many time the pc do reset as the tb is not detected... and too what is the cable used for the enclosure...
  15. D

Getting highest sustained write by using gen4 into a gen3 system ?

Hi I want to know if we can get the highest sustained sequential write, by using an nvme Gen4 into a gen3 slot. On the transfert and ref, with a samsung gen3 970, after 20sec of 3gbps it drop to 1.5gpbs for the rest of time(after 2,4,9min). So no dram effect and we see an usb10g give about the...
  16. D

Win10 give only 2gb speed on a 25g nic -setting required or so ?

well, yeah i do understand the single core stuff .., but just a simple smb copy on a system of 2yrs old i7 giving a 140mb/s .. it's near to be the same as the gigi ethernet port of 103mb/s. over ssh bit better, but way under what it should. So that is why i'm quite bluff.. or we need to move all...
  17. D

Win10 give only 2gb speed on a 25g nic -setting required or so ?

Hi So while i did read the article about the e810 100g nic into windows11.. I got quite issues on what config or proper setting to be set for an intel xxv710 25g card ? From a network running at 25, i just plug over on the 'remote pc' having win10 21h1 and i can only get about 8.5g on iperf3...
  18. D

Multifunction raid card with network ?

Hi i'm looking if there is any multifunction card with raid sas ... but with a network port on it as well ! Like for an hp proliant with only 1 pci slot and with the onboard raid b120 giving 2x sata 6 and 2x sata3 .. not the best on speed. In order to have a proper nas system.. So if any...
  19. D

Troubleshooting GPU passthrough ESXi 6.5

I can't tell for the gtx as previous version did need some line in the vm config if i remember. I run the Quadro lineup and are all direct compatible. Even with the new proxmox not working anymore, with prox 7.1 direct install, no update, that can give you some hint perhaps. you can install on...
  20. D

Troubleshooting GPU passthrough ESXi 6.5

Quite simple actually, esxi 6.7u2 , click mem all reserve and add pci card to the vm. no setting to put anywhere and it just work.