Search results

1. D

Hyper-V Server Core

Mike: No it gives the RPC error. Seems like MS really didn't look at Hyper-V being used in a "whitebox" setup. Tomorrow I will get the old server setup and running as a domain controller I guess. It will run Linux just fine being a Core 2 Duo Extreme with 8GB of ram.
  2. D

New to Virtualization

Cactus: Dang ok thanks. Any other ideas on solutions that would allow me to do that?
  3. D

Hyper-V Server Core

RSAT yes even with HVremote. Thanks for the link. I'll work on that tomorrow.
  4. D

Hyper-V Server Core

I have been trying to get Hyper-V running but the problem I am running into is the tutorials are for Hyper-V as a role and NOT as a Server. The server is CLI meaning no GUI. I have found some things such as how to get powershell installed and install drivers etc. But everything I've come...
  5. D

New to Virtualization

Dang ok. Is Xen free for home use like ESXi and Hyper-V?
  6. D

New to Virtualization

My server is as follows Intel Xeon E3-1230V2 Asus P8BWS 2 120GB SSD (intended to run them in Raid 0 but ESXi isn't letting me) EVGA 560 2GB Intel Pro/1000 MT Dual Port Highpoint Rocketraid 3560 I would like to use ESXi for the device pass through so that I can use the webgui in WHS2011 VM to...