Search results

1. N

New Intel Xeon D Networking Chips Are Coming

Not coming till midyear. Last time they were way late. I was just about to buy a v1 xeon-d. I don't need 4x 10g, but quick assist might be good.
  2. N

Help me make a final decision!

@talmania, the us-16-xg is no longer, $299 thought, right? I just checked and it's listed at $600 at the ubiquiti website.
  3. N

Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch ES-16-XG SFP+ Compatibility Thread

Anyone try the 10gbase-t on the es-16-xg? If it is still available on beta, I'd get it. But I want it to work with xeon-d 10gbase-t. In the beta discussion forum at ubnt, people reported the es-16-xg didn't work with 10gbase-t from xeon-d, like the supermicro.
  4. N

12 sfp+ + 4 10gbe rj45 - Ubiquiti Edgeswitch 16xg

Also note that in the ubiquiti forums, people posted about this not working with the xeon-d 10gbase-t motherboards, like the supermicro one. Someone from ubiquiti said they were working on it, fix hopefully coming in january. So there's potential of buying this and it not working until January...
  5. N

Asus finally ships the xg-u2008: $250 for 2x 10gbase-t + 8 1g

Are there even asus fanoys? I never heard of one. What if you have a 10gbase-t device and want a switch for inside your office and don't want to pay triple for something like the netgear xs708t 10gbase-t, a quiet switch? I just want a quiet cheapish switch with both sfp+ and 10gbase-t. Mikrotek...
  6. N

Asus finally ships the xg-u2008: $250 for 2x 10gbase-t + 8 1g

ASUS XG-U2008 10GBase-T Network Switch Released: 2x10G + 8x1G for $249 (anandtech). $250 is a low price for 10gig. This is an unmanaged switch, but is lower power (18w power adapter). No word on nbase-t (2.5g and 5gps) so assume it doesn't have it. If I ever but the "tinkertry superserver"...
  7. N

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

New egg has a great search feature for things like this, better than amazon for drilling down (search for 10gbase-t and drill down). I found the Netgear prosafe gs728tx, with 24 x 1gig, 2 sfp+, 2 10gbase-t, $550 at newegg. But it has a fan, probably uses lots of power. It's good but more than I...
  8. N

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

I want something like the mikrotik crs226 but with 10g base-t instead of sfp+. I'm soon going to buy a system with a SuperMicro X10SDV-TLN4F (which uses 10gbase-t) and place it in my home. I have multiple devices already running on a 1 gig switch. So I'd like to replace that switch with a...