Search results

1. M

Options for connecting an old EXB-8200 SCSI tape drive on modern hardware

over 30 years ago a uncle gifted me a refurbished Exabyte EXB-8200 8mm tape drive which I used for backups on my "pimped" Amiga 2000. Recently I discovered said tape drive loaded with my latest backup from around 1996. So I am now itching to see of there is still data left on the tape. If yes...
  2. M

PC Engines APU EOL

Last chance to stock up on APU hardware. Sadly there will be no new product. A sad day. ;-( https://www.pcengines.ch/eol.htm Despite having used considerable quantities of AMD processors and Intel NICs, we don't get adequate design support for new projects. In addition, the x86 silicon...
  3. M

EU P4608 699€ (PN) Deal or not?

I am in two minds about this. Seems like a good deal if I compare it with other offers. I've asked the seller if it these are original Intel or rebranded Oracle cards. No answer so far. EDIT: Oracle parts with 1y warranty from the seller. Anyone can comment? I'd also like to know how the card...
  4. M

EU Ryzen 4650G Kit

Might be interesting to someone who wants to build or upgrade a NAS/HTPC Arlt Computer has several Renoir APU kits available and this one caught my eye: Aufrüstkit AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G (6x 3,7GHz) + 16GB RAM + ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming Mainboard | ARLT Computer Since I want at least 32 GB...
  5. M

One last upgrade for my Acer H340

BEWARE: Do not mod with hardware that would stress the original PSU beyond its capacity. Anyone attempting this should take a really close look at the original PSUs capabilities! Especially on the 12V and 5V Line and their respective and combined max power output and decide if the potential...
  6. M

E5-2673v2

Anyone knows more about this OEM CPU? Only thing I could find was that some people around the internet suspect/hope that, apart from the lower TDP, it performs exactly as an E5-2667v2. Seen it in an ebay action and,, just for giggles, tried to low-ball the seller. He countered with 550€, which...
  7. M

EU 6x S3700 400GB 130€/piece OBO

According to the seller these drives are under warranty till Jan 2019. I was tempted to pick them all up but since it is only for my private server/workstation, which has 4x 300GB s3500 right now, I could not justify the expense. Intel DC S3700 Enterprise SSD 400GB SATA 6 Gb/s, Extrem Langlebig
  8. M

EU 8x Hynix PC3-12800R 8GB DIMMs for EUR 99,99

Seems like a pretty good deal to me, for EU price levels that is .. 64GB 8x Hynix PC3-12800R Reg ECC Server Ram 8GB HMT31GR7CFR4C-PB T8 AD | eBay EDIT: The offer is a bit ambiguous, so I asked him. He is offering eight sets of 8x8GB modules. Two sets sold six to go.