Search results

1. D

Building render farm E5 v2 motherboard

Hey I'm thinking of building render farm, 5-10 pcs but I'm not sure which board to get, if any. Can any1 recommend any 2cpu board that support v2 e5s ? I want to threw 10-12 cores on them once they become affordable. (UK) Regards Dariusz
  2. D

16+ x1gb+ & 4x sfp+ 10gb switch?

Hey Does any1 know of any switch either sfp or 10gbaseT with 4 ports + 16 or more 1gbs ones? Regards Dariusz
  3. D

Xeon V4 ES/QS stepping range/part number

Hey I'm thinking of getting some ES samples wanted to know few things before tho. QS sample = OEM version 90%+ ES sample = test version 50% + its good Does any1 know of a database that list all steppings/procesor codes? Regards Dariusz
  4. D

HP ProLiant SL2x170z G6 disable fan health check

Hey I'm replacing fans for some big 140mm ones. I picked PWM fan and wired it to motherboard hoping that board will recognize and accept the fan. Sadly not the case. 4 fans missing - error. Shut down. Does any1 know how I can disable health check on this board or fake the fan so that I can run...
  5. D

5&6 pin fan connectors for Dell & HP

Hey Does any1 know where I can get UK/Outside a 5&6 pin fanconnectors? I'm planning on replacing the cooling on my 2 servers to a more... quiet one. So any idea where I can find 5/6 pin connectors? And what are they properly named? Molex? No idea :- ( Thanks
  6. D

Dell Power Edge C6100 & HP SL170z G6

Hey Just found this forum by accident and gotta say I love what I'm seeing! So I though I'd join in and ask for advice as well. I'm a small 1 man CGI company that is growing hungry for more render power. I turn on my servers 1-2 times a week when I need to render production work currently...