Search results

1. A

Dell Force10 Z9000

It looks like the z9000 has a standard x86 grub config. It's quite possible the flash isn't booting or grub does not set the console to the serial line, but it's most likely your serial setup. Did you try to connect to another device with the same cable? The x86 boards in these have extra...
  2. A

Turbocharge your Quanta LB6M - Flash To Brocade TurboIron - Big Update!

You may need to wait for the MAC addrs to age out of the port. I think that trunking ports causes the hosts to use the same MACs on both ports. If you turn it off the trunk and another MAC appears on one port, the old MAC will eventually die, but it's a timed event. I'm just guessing, it...
  3. A

Mellanox is weird, they have one controller and two media ports on some of their cards, precisely for this purpose. Most dual port cards have 2 controllers. When you use software like DPDK with Mellanox, you have to utilize both ports with it, you can't use only one port using user space...
  4. A

I like this talk: Get a 8 cores, disable them all and use only 1 core. More L3 cache available :)
  5. A

Maybe setting up syslog in order to send logs off the switch might fix?
  6. A

My guess is that log file space was overrun or something. There is a register in the powerpc named for this condition. fohdeesha probably knows more about that. I'd be curious if you let the switch alone, would it reboot? It should have a watchdog reboot timer. I know nothing of windows...
  7. A

When researching the LB6M for this: lb6m-ospf/lb6m.adoc at master · injinj/lb6m-ospf · GitHub I found these things: The pluto switch is a derivative of the the same Broadcom silicon: Mystery Google Device Appears in Small-Town Iowa This describes the Google network history, quite good...
  8. A

My LB6M isn't powered at the moment, but I did take notes when it was up. => printenv bootargs=root=/dev/ram rw mtdparts=physmap-flash.0:32256k(jffs2),512k(u-boot),128k@32512k(u-boot-env) bootcmd=fsload 0x08000000 ${active} ; bootm 0x08000074 ; fsload 0x08000000 ${backup} ; bootm 0x08000074 ...
  9. A

Trying to compile stuff for the Freescale T2080

Trying to compile stuff for the Freescale T2080
  10. A

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Unlikely. It's mostly a multi-tenant & web browser issue. Read this: Spectre & Meltdown: tapping into the CPU's subconscious thoughts • ds9a.nl articles
  11. A

Ubuntu 16.04 (Dell C6220) not playing together with Quanta LB6M..

Cool. The way these switches OSes work is sort of like a Live CD. The filesystem is loaded into a ramdisk and persistent storage is mounted for only for config files. The brocade firmware requires a special version of 'grub' that can't be removed -- the bootloader. If you can extract the...
  12. A

Is it possible to extract the userland from the brocade? They are probably using the same Linux kernel and the same Broadcom SDK underneath. That might make it reversable.
  13. A

Somewhat? It should work :) In the interface config, these may be useful: interface 0/7 port lacptimeout actor short port lacptimeout partner short no lacp actor admin state longtimeout no lacp partner admin state longtimeout ! same for interface 0/8 Do a 'show port-channel' on the...
  14. A

Vrod, it looks like a layer 3 problem, the routes between the hosts have multiple paths, so only one is used. What happens if you bring down port8 and just use port7? You may need a LAG/portchannel between the two. The Linux side looks like this: auto eth0 iface eth0 inet manual...
  15. A

Brocade calls MLAG Multi Chassis Trunking: Multi-Chassis Trunking (MCT)
  16. A

I did test ECMP with the LB6M and that does work. MLAG is ECMP at layer 2, but the MLAG protocol is too new and the LB6M / Broadcom Scorpion chipset predates it. Anyway, here is the layer 3 ECMP setup: lb6m-ospf/lb6m.adoc at master · injinj/lb6m-ospf · GitHub
  17. A

I can confirm that my LB6M from UnixPlus is brand new, the flash was untouched. It is definitely worth the extra $20 or whatever.
  18. A

Azure Sonic on the Arista 7050QX-32

I'm on aboot build #333 at the moment. I haven't kept this post up to date, I've been writing at my place over on github: Injinj · To be or not to be eventually consistent When I get some time, I want to fork SONiC and fix things that don't work for me.
  19. A

Is this a valid IPv6 address and can you help me convert it?

In gmail, if you go to the bottom right corner and click "Last account activity", it will show the ip addresses used to connect.
  20. A

I've seen that address before, at the bottom of the uboot "flinfo" command. It's the first address marked as RO, which I presume is means read-only.