Search results

1. I

H12SSL-i + EPYC from China - worth it?

Hi, I am considering moving to EPYC platform and ebay there are multitude of Combo deals for Supermicro H12SSL-i + different EPYC CPUs. They claim the board is new and CPU is used. The prices are really attractive compared to my local used market. Example I am wondering if somebody has bought...
  2. I

Socket 3647 - still the best for home lab in 2023?

I have been running 3647 platform pretty much since they were released and recently I got the upgrade itch. But I am pretty hard pressed to find a "stick to scratch it". My current system is: Xeon Gold 6230 192GB RAM 3x Intel NVME SSD - 6 + 8 TB + 400GB boot 4HDDs nVidia 1660 Supper...
  3. I

[SOLVED] aliexpress minipc (topton) - enters in boot loop

Hello, I have been using an 6 port topton minipc from Aliexpress for almost 2 years as router and everything was working OK until it wasn't. The PC restarted and after that it is either restarting constantly or boots and works for a few minutes/hours and boot loops again. Exactly the same...
  4. I

Two motherboards with single PSU

Hi, I have a X11SPI-TF MB as "hyper-converged" server but I would like to separate the storage part in as separate system. I would like to power both systems with the same PSU in order to reduce fan noise and clutter in the case. I am looking at Supermicro Seon-D platform with 10GB ethernet...
  5. I

SuperMicro MB C612 with 16GB ECC UDIMM memory

Hello, Currently I am running my home servers and desktop virtualized with ProxMox. I am not quiet happy with the desktop performance and I suspect the problem might be with the ACS and IOMMU groups. I am think of upgrade from E3 to E5 Xeon. Anyway. My problem is that now I am stuck with 48GB...