Search results

1. C

SFF-8088 Cables.

Hi, After reading your fantastic cabling article looks like i need a couple of SFF-8088's to connect my JBOD to the primary. Any recommendation on cable brands, or are most of them okay now? e.g. monoprice. Prob need about 1m so i can pull out the server without disconnecting/stressing.
  2. C

AU WTB: MCP-220-00043-0N

Hi, Anyone got any MCP-220-00043-0N for sale? Their the 3.5 to 2.5 tray attachments from Supermicro. Cheapest I can find is $100 shipped..
  3. C

AU WTB Matched Pair E5-2667V2

I'm in AU but happy to buy that matched pair from anywhere as long as they ... work :) Thanks.
  4. C

AU Wtb matched pair E5-2697V2

Got a board on the way just after heatsinks and CPUs (2). No urgency really. Accept E5-2690v2 as an alternative. Note in in Australia. :eek:
  5. C

AU WTB: 4x8GB DDR3 ECC UDIMM (for X9SCL)

Hi, Yes i did copy @marv title ;) Prefer 1600,but not picky, its running 16GB of 1333 atm anyway. Marv was first serve him first - no urgency here just thought I'd ask before buying new for $300+ :) I am in Brisbane, Australia. After I'll have 4x4GB Hynix 1333 ECC UDIMM for sale. Can /will...
  6. C

AU Prefix

I dont know how many Aussies you have on here, we're probably the very few minority but I also dont know too many forums that are home lab focused for hardware sales (feel free to chime in any Aussies out there) could we possibly get an Aus prefix here too like the great deal subforum? :)
  7. C

Proxmox best practices

Hi, New to Proxmox and checking it out have been searching around for some best practice guides. Found the wiki (Proxmox VE), even some books that i prob wont buy (Books on Proxmox VE). Currently looking for any best practices for adding storage from zfs pool and I found this What are Proxmox...
  8. C

Late to E5-2600 party (HCI lab build)

Hi, Been a lurker for a while - a bit about me i'm a tinkering techie at home that likes to play with (server) hardware and technology while in the IT solutions space. Project Home 'HCI' Nutanix/VMware 'log': Using existing 3 x SC826 Upgrade backplanes with incoming SAS2-EL1 's - let you know...