Search results

1. A

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

I had a M720q + Riser x16 + Asus XGC100C 10Gbe + 65w PSU and worked fine. I even tried the X550-T2 which also worked fine. My other one is M720Q + Riser x16 + Lenovo i350-T4 +135W PSU also works fine. I now have a P360 + Riser x4 (also bought the Riser X16) + 230w PSU - still waiting for...
  2. A

OK, so bit of an update on my riser card. Firstly big thanks to @Parallax for the very informative first post. As I was in the UK and had trouble trying to use taoboa via superbuy (have used it before when I order my M720Q riser cards) but found it more diffult this time. I ended up...
  3. A

You can go for which ever brand that meets your budget, I would recommend a pcie 4.0 nvme as you have m90q gen 3 you will make the most out of it. Get the one without the heatsink otherwise it will not fit. I have in my p360 the western digital black sn850x 1TB which I had I my older model...
  4. A

Thanks have ordered one from the UK seller. It is on pre order. It is for my new P360 spec. 12900 i9 processor 65w 32gb ddr5 4800mhz 1TB WD 850x pcei 4.0 Realtek 2.5GB nic WiFi 6 (6E was not available for some reason) Comes with 230w psu I also updated the speaker to the premium one...
  5. A

Thanks but that is for a p340. I have the p360 and. Don't think it will fit. I have a pcie riser for the m720q and that does not fit.
  6. A

I am was struggling to use Taoboa (created an account but kept saying to me to login even though I was already logged in) and then Superbuy. I have a P360 Tiny and wanted a PCie riser card and also Thunderbolt 4 add on card. - plan is to install my 10Gbe adaptor which i already have. could...
  7. A

Tiny/Mini/Micro PC experiences

Hi All, I got a Lenovo P360 (which i custom build to lower the costs) eg removed the OS license as i already had one, i9 12900 CPU that way i dont need to get the GPU package, added 2.5GB NIC, WIFI6 Interl (could not see option for WIFI 6E) and changed the speaker to a premium speaker which...
  8. A

Introducing Project TinyMiniMicro Home Lab Revolution

If anyone is interested here is the m720q lenovo tiny next to my fitlet2 for size comparison. Low powers and Fanless device. Was running untangled on it without any issues. My fitlet2 has the following spec E3950 Atom processor 8gb ddr3l ram 128gb msata 2 x 1gb intel nic 1 x 1gb POE Lan...
  9. A

Ok, I did a quick install with sophos xg V18 on the tiny with x550-t2 nic and it picked it up fine. I did not actually configure it as I already have another installed in my system, but the fact that it picked it up say that it should work. If I reconfigure my system in the future I will check...
  10. A

Here is the tech spec for the m720q. It is pcie x8 but the prices from. I bought it via ordered via Superbuy the following Taobao item, so it was $30 plus shipping (if I remember correctly) but could not find it from a UK supplier.
  11. A

Here on the pictures of the m920x cover with top fan vent (which is meshed for dust protection) next to my M720Q cover. It can be used with the nvidia p1000/p620/p600 gpu card. I can confirm the cover of the m920x fits fine on the m720q unit I have. I don't have a nvidia p1000 yet so be able...
  12. A

I have not tested it yet but might do a quick test in bridge mode (sophos xg) with the x550-t2 once I receive my nvme ssd drive. Here is the pictures if anyone is interested. Thanks
  13. A

Just read that, could be to make sure it stays quite. If I don't use it I can always put the lid on the firewall router to keep it cooler as this is my secondary pc. Thanks
  14. A

Hi, I ordered one so will report back. Thanks
  15. A

LAG (20Gbe) Intel X550-T2 Performance issue

I changed the connection and removed lag and just have a single 10gb connection now. Keep it simple. I have used qnaps for over 10 years now and seem solid but I always buy the SMB/enterprise version and not the cheaper on. I have the TVS-871 and have changed the fans to noctua ones so it is...
  16. A

Thanks, parallax. Would you know if the M920X lid cover with cutout for gpu work with the m720q? I have another m720q which I want add a nvidia p1000 gpu to. Another pcie riser is on the way and already have the bracket for the nvidia gpu. Thanks
  17. A

Got my i350-T4 on my M720Q installed with sophos xg firewall. Edit: I forgot to mention I bought the baffle and 01AJ940 via superbuy and bought an upgraded power block from ebay. I have a x550-t2 10gbe which I might try when I get chance.
  18. A

LAG (20Gbe) Intel X550-T2 Performance issue

Hi All, I have two Intel X550-T2 Intel Ethernet network cards RJ45 in LAG (20GBe) config but the performance seems quite slow compared to what it should be. I have the following Hardware Qnap (8 bay) - i7 / 16gb ram / Raid 5 / intel X550-T2 RJ45 (LAG) -> Unifi XG-6poe (10GBE) -> Windows 10...
  19. A

How to make the most of a 1.15Gbps (Gig1) Virgin Media ISP

My friend just got the Virgin 1gig service and got a Dream Machine Pro which has 10gig WAN port (SFP+) + 1gig WAN RJ45 and 8x1 gig ports he gets 950Mbps on his connection. Pfsense, untangle it will depend on what you have enabled and the hardware spec eg if you have IDS IPS protection it will...
  20. A

Comparison: Intel i350-T4 Genuine vs Fake

I just bought one (lenovo with the extra brackets) which looks new and seems like its genuine but not 100% sure. It has manufacturer date of 01/2020. I will get some pics up.