Search results

1. A

FS: Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 twin node

I know this forum is well aware of the XS23-TY3/C6100 series. This one is a two node DCS model. I'm pretty sure I upgraded the motherboard firmware along with BMC on both nodes. It does have the older fan controller. This is a 2U, enterprise grade rack server, designed for a data center. It...
  2. A

Gigabit switch recommendations

I've been mulling over this thread and researching as I have time. I'm about to pull the trigger on my switch purchase within the next week. I really liked the thought of the Quanta LB4M, but I've ruled it out due to the sound level. At least for a while this switch will be sick in my bedroom...
  3. A

Lots of good ideas here I need to look into. I like the idea of Quanta, simply because I see a lot of them installed. Does anyone know if that switch can be quieted down? Is it a Cisco type of interface?
  4. A

Good points. Any love for Dell switches? I haven't heard much about them.
  5. A

Thanks everyone, these look like some good suggestions. Budget is hard to say. I could probably afford $50 today, but I don't like what I'm seeing in that price range. I'll likely keep an eye on the deals as I save up. I highly doubt I could go past $300 in the near future though. The SG300...
  6. A

I'm looking for a switch and budget is my main concern. I want as much bandwidth add I can get, but I can't afford 10g upgrades this year so I'm looking for gigabit speeds. I think 16 ports would be ideal but more are always good. I'd prefer a rackmount, but it's not required. I don't need any...