Search results

1. Sacrilego

Are Layer 3 managed switches already so cheap?Crazy

Maybe a vendor/seller? All posts from OP so far seem to be related to the XikeStor Store.
  2. Sacrilego

$50: 1.9TB Micron 9200 Pro with Adapter

AHH Poop... I missed it
  3. Sacrilego

~50 USD Seagate 12TB Exos X14 SATA (Possible Scam)

Let us know how it goes. For a moment I thought there was a typo where it said Topyou instead of To you lol
  4. Sacrilego

[SFP+/DAC Brocade 57-1000273-01 10GE ACTIVE OPTICAL CABLE 7M] $8 with free US shipping (100 sold out, 540 relisted)

At 6.40 for 4 or more. I think it's still a pretty good deal.
  5. Sacrilego

[SFP+/DAC Brocade 57-1000273-01 10GE ACTIVE OPTICAL CABLE 7M] $8 with free US shipping (100 sold out, 540 relisted)

Dang that was fast. For a moment I thought my offer wouldn't go through. The STH Effect continues strong!
  6. Sacrilego

U.2 to quad M.2 carrier (2.5 inch form factor)?

I am glad to share. My only regret is not buying two more while I had the chance. There were plenty sitting on eBay for a while, and now they're all gone. Edit: And miraculously, just like that, the two more I needed popped up, LOL! Snagged them.
  7. Sacrilego

Did a few updates to the post. I was running into some strange issues with the benchmark numbers where they were inconsistent and out of line with what I was expecting. Turns out that sometimes, one or more of the threads during the tests would run on the CPU that did not have a direct...
  8. Sacrilego

I'll post some pictures tomorrow morning. I didn't see any bank of capacitors like I usually do on other drives. I was able to sorta hot swap them by accident lol. Had to do a hardware rescan. But I'll also get a screenshot of hwinfo to check out the topology.
  9. Sacrilego

Just did some power measurements. It uses about 7-8 watts alone at the wall. I'm going to try to build the user tools to see if I can get some temperature information. But it does get a bit hot to the touch. Not just a bit hot, but after an extended benchmarking session with 4 Optane drives, it...
  10. Sacrilego

I bought two Viking U20040 U.2 to 4X M.2 carriers, and I just wanted to add some notes for those considering getting these since I couldn't find much information about them online. Top and bottom M.2 slots with loaded inland 2280 1TB drives. Notice on the top left shot it has one capacitor...
  11. Sacrilego

Esxi free is dead. Alternative?

I was afraid this would happen, so I've been deploying TrueNAS Scale to new small business customers as an option were HA isn't that important. I've been playing around with a Proxmox standalone host for a while and really liked it. I'll be trying it out as a cluster soon. But I also want to...
  12. Sacrilego

ESXi free 8.0 seems to be the last one !

And now officially marked as EOGA. Sad, as this is was how I got started on VMware. I sure hope they don't go for VMUG next.
  13. Sacrilego

New Micron 7400 PRO 7.68TB NVMe U.3 (7mm) Non-SED Enterprise SSD - $349

I don't really have much problem with this. In the end, one of us made a big purchased and used them, even if it was for business use. It's when they get resold at a much higher price that irks me. First come first serve I say.
  14. Sacrilego

I wonder if it would be possible to have posts that are limited to specific groups until an amount of time has passed. We could for example, post a great deal, have it only visible to those that have been members for a while and then make it public a few days later.
  15. Sacrilego

On the other hand, I found this forum and registered thanks to the fact that it was public, and that I could see the conversations here on great deals. There are very informative discussions here related to the great deals posted that if they were to be made private, others wouldn't be able to...
  16. Sacrilego

6.4TB INTEL P4608 SSD DC $250

Just wanted to confirm that it works. Using v23.10.1 I can see the full P4608 disks again.
  17. Sacrilego

$70 Dual LAN Mini PC w/ i3-1115G4, 8GB, internal PSU

Sounds to me like it's a video bios/firmware issue. I see it happen frequently when the video has only legacy firmware and initialization is skipped or vice versa when it only has uefi firmware and the system has no uefi support or it's skipped during boot. You can usually get into the bios if...
  18. Sacrilego

AMD EPYC 7551 32 core 64 thread cpu for $75 or less

They also lack official Windows 11 support. Not sure how important that really is for some people but for product testing on my end, it's a must. Bypassing the checks may not work in the near future either.
  19. Sacrilego

Micron 7450 1.92TB $99

There were still plenty when I saw this. But my black Friday drive purchases had already done a number on my wallet. With the amount of great hardware at great prices being posted lately, we're gonna need an intervention group soon :D.
  20. Sacrilego

SYS-E50-9AP-N5

Yep, we got a thread going on about it here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/supermicro-industrial-atom-e50-40-sys-e50-9ap-n5-goldmont-server-29130ec-brand-new-75-8-00-shipping.41961/