Search results

1. M

Tuning vsphere 6.5 udp performance?

Hello, I am in the processes of deploying a small 10Gbps network for my homelab. When verifying the 10G network with iperf3 I saw great TCP performance (+9Gbps with 9k mtu) but the UDP performance was all over the place. Further inspection showed me TCP rtr's on some runs the average speed did...
  2. M

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

I haven't really tried the cards with proxmox or recent linux kernels so sorry can't help you there. I did upgrade one of my whitebox machines with FX-4100 CPU running ESXi 6.5 to 6.7 with the fusion IO card in it and so far the drivers seem to be working fine so we can hopefully run these...
  3. M

I saw that but I was unsure if the iodrive would also support 512e but based on the documentation specifically saying to format it as 512b for esxi I guess not.
  4. M

I've recently acquired a set of unused Fusion-io iodrive2 1.3 TB cards, was somewhat of a rushed deal so my research beforehand was lackluster. Thanks to the resources in this topic I was able to figure out some of the requirements early on however some things still surprised me that was mainly...
  5. M

VM with passthrough "freezes" entire ESXi box when shutdown/rebooting guest

xienze, thanks but no need now :) I know how to disable and enable devices through powershell but I was unable to disable the suspectUSB hub, I could only eject it. But I have sinds found that the issue is caused by a usb composite device which was present in device manager. The vm thinks this...
  6. M

VM with passthrough "freezes" entire ESXi box when shutdown/rebooting guest

I've also experienced the ESXi 6.0 u2 host freezing when shutting down or rebooting a Windows 8 VM with passthrough devices attached. After reading starkindler89's post I started disabling passthrough devices and found that passthrough of the USB 3 controller is the cause of the issues on my...