Search results

1. Layla

[FS][US][MA] EPYC 7401 24C/48T CPU, RTX 6000, and eventually a bunch more..

Hi, Long time poster, first time seller. I have sold quite a bit on eBay in the past, and have 100% positive feedback there as both a buyer and a seller: laylapersia on eBay I have a lot of hardware that I should start selling - and probably should have done so a long while ago, but alas...
  2. Layla

$15 50GbE CX4431A OCP 2.0 (PCI-e 3.0) NIC

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166284512243
  3. Layla

Supermicro H11DSi-NT BIOS POST Phantom Issue

I just spent a few hours chasing a totally phantom issue after installing new RAM into my dual EPYC system. I'm posting this in the hopes of saving some poor hopeless soul like myself in the future hours of their life. The HTML5 iKVM on my SuperMicro H11DSi-NT Rev 2.0 board apparently just...
  4. Layla

Power Consumption Thread

I'm using a per-outlet monitored PDU to measure AC power use (@ 208V) of devices I have in service, and I'm surprised by some of the results so far. I thought I'd start a thread about this (to which I can add results as I go). I'll start with switches, since this is posted in networking, but I...
  5. Layla

Very high UPS Idle Power Consumption

I just setup a bunch of SMX2000RMLV2U and SMX3000RMHV2U, and just installed fresh batteries in them this week (they're each showing about 135.2V-135.6V on the batteries), and I'm finding them drawing 3 amps each (@ 125V), and 1.4A @ 218V (for the HV models) with no loads attached! That's like...
  6. Layla

Multiple UPS Shared Parallel DC Battery Bank

Hi Folks, I'm thinking about trying to load-balance/share the battery banks of my multiple separate APC UPS. The idea here is that the load against each UPS is not the same during an outage, and I'd like to maximize uptime for all my devices by pooling all of the batteries together, rather...
  7. Layla

Netgate removed all mention of pfSense from their website + Major Regressions in pfSense 2.5 and newer

They still claim to be open-source, but I can't find any normal pfSense (as opposed to pfSense+) links, support, downloads, source code, etc. Anyone have any information about this? They seem to really have turned to the dark-side?
  8. Layla

QLogic FastLinQ QL45000 Series 100GbE Controller on Windows 10?

Hi All, Does anyone know whether recent QLogic drivers are able to work on Windows 10? Typically drivers are fairly compatible between Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016/2019 (e.g. Mellanox drivers work fine) - but QLogic appears to fail to start in qebdrv: Device...
  9. Layla

EXPIRED 817753 B21HPB HPE Ethernet-10-25Gb-2-port-640SFP28-Adapter $9.99 - Sold Out

817753 B21HPB HPE Ethernet-10-25Gb-2-port-640SFP28-Adapter $9.99 https://www.ebay.com/itm/324512956010 "Seller Refurbished"
  10. Layla

Supermicro X9DRT-HIBFF with onboard Mellanox ConnectX3 can be cross-flashed with X10DRT-HIBF firmware

I took the plunge on this last night: I have some X9DRT-HIBFF nodes with onboard ConnectX3 (56Gb FDR Infiniband, but actually VPI). X9DRT-HIBFF-2.10.0700.bin is the latest firmware available for those boards, which is so old as to basically make them worthless. After doing some diffs on the...
  11. Layla

Tested: DL580G8 (Gen8) and G9 (Gen9) *Lack of* Compatibility

I've been long wanting to do this test, and today finally got around to it with a few spare CPU trays and Gen8 and Gen9 chassis right next to each other. Unfortunately, it seems that: 1. You can't boot a V3 CPU with DDR3 memory on an HP U17 BIOS. It complains about mismatched memory vs. CPU...
  12. Layla

[WTB]: HP DL580 G9 NVme Bridge Card (pci-e 3.0 x16)

Along with the cables ideally. I do have the 5-port NVme backplane already.
  13. Layla

Jobs/Hiring Forum?

Where would be the most appropriate place on servethehome forums to post about looking for people to join our team? Is there a reason why there isn't a sub-forum for this? Clearly we'd want to keep it STH<-->STH members only and no recruiters....
  14. Layla

H11DSi-NT Oculink Ports (P2_NVME0 and P2_NVME1) do not work

Using Windows Server 2019, I can't seem to get the Oculink ports to detect my pm1725a SSDs, using the SuperMicro branded Occulink cables. Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas on what is required to make it work? I would have expected them to be detected in the UEFI BIOS itself.
  15. Layla

H11DSi with Dual Epyc failing to boot Windows Server install (2016 and 2019)

Anyone have issues installing Windows Server (2019 or 2016) on H11DSi? It appears to get stuck at [INFO] Launching 'efi\boot\bootx64.efi'... On the HDMI port out of the GPU, it just shows the SuperMicro UEFI BIOS Logo, while the IPMI HTML5 iKVM displays the UEFI command history. If I leave...
  16. Layla

WTB: Quiet/Silent Rack in Boston Area

I'm looking to buy a quiet/silent rack (i.e. APC Netshelter CX, XrackPro2, etc.) in the Boston area. Ideally something between 18U-42U in size.
  17. Layla

Create Custom Fan Speed Maps for SuperMicro X10 Servers via IPMI

I got tired of the noise with my SuperMicro X10 Server (4027GR-TRT), but didn't want to get into involved hardware fan swaps which still may produce unsatisfactory results. For reference, the "Optimal" fan setting decided to run half of the fans at 8000RPM at idle, and the other half at 5000RPM...
  18. Layla

40Gbps Ethernet Mode ConnectX-3 VPI Awful Windows Performance

This journey started when I noticed that my network which used to get 36Gb/sec throughput was getting 4.5Gb/sec one direction and 9.8Gb/sec the other. After many many hours of searching, trying different settings, and finally cross-flashing mellanox's latest firmware (and trying to...
  19. Layla

Co-location in the Boston Metro Area?

It seems that there are a bunch of datacenters in the Boston metro area; however, few of them list any kind of pricing information. Is there any good resource for comparing co-location options? Alternatively, does anyone have positive or negative experiences in the area that stand out /...