Search results

1. K

How can I connect a QSFP28 card to RJ45-based network equipment?

Hi all, I am developing a hardware design on an Alveo U55C card (Alveo U55C High Performance Compute Card) and need some basic network functions. However, I can only use the QSFP28 interfaces that the board provides, yet all lab equipment that I can connect it to is copper RJ45. An initial...
  2. K

10GBe NICs suggestions

Hi all, I need your help since on networking equipment my knowledge is pretty basic. I have a Threadripper workstation (Linux/Windows) and a recently converted my previous Xeon workstation to a server/NAS device. Both workstations are connected through 1GBe to my router and from there to the...
  3. K

In need of a simple 2.5G/10G switch

Hi all, I need to help a friend with a small office to upgrade his network switch. Currently he has a Netgear GS110MX (Gigabit with 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit) that has 2x10GbE ports and 8x 1GbE ports, all RJ45. On the switch, there is a NAS supporting 10Gb ethernet where all media files are...
  4. K

EU [FS] Xeon E5 2680v4 SOLD

Hi, I am selling the following CPUs: Xeon E5 2680v4 : 185 eur (including shipping costs for Europe) SOLD Xeon E5 1620v3 : 35 eur (including shipping costs for Europe) SOLD Both CPUs are retail CPUs, not engineering samples or whatever. I bought a pair of 2680v4s in order to update a server...
  5. K

Memory support on X99 (2011-3) motherboards with Xeon E5v4

Hi all, I am upgrading my workstation from a Xeon E5v3 CPU to recently bought E5v4. My motherboard is based on X99 chipset (AsRock X99 Extreme6) and it lists support for up to 128GB RAM with 16GB memory sticks. Since the new Xeon is said to support up to 1.5TB of DDR4-2400 memory, I am...
  6. K

Server for Xilinx Alveo Accelerator Cards

Hi all, I am trying to build a server for my university lab. The basic requirement for the server is that it has to support the installation of Xilinx Alveo accelerator cards and all the related software development and deployment tools. I cannot build a grey box, for numerous reasons not in...
  7. K

Xilinx Alveo Accelerator cards

Hi all, does anyone has experience installing Xilinx Alveo cards on Dell servers? Buying an Alveo card from Dell as I configure a new system (7252 2U AMD) has more than twice the price to buy the card directly from Xilinx official distributor, DigiKey. Is there a catch? Does the card that Dell...
  8. K

Where can I purchase a Xeon D system in Europe? I am looking for AsRock Rack systems

Hi all, after reading a lot of discussions here and in other sites as well, a Xeon D based system for a (mostly) storage server system I want to build, seems to be a really nice option. After a small research, AsRock Rack systems with Xeon D combine the SoC with an LSI raid chip and in small...