Search results

1. K

How can I connect a QSFP28 card to RJ45-based network equipment?

Thank you all guys!! This forum is amazing!
  2. K

This was fast! Thank you! So you are saying that a solution like this: Alveo Card QSFP28 -> https://www.fs.com/de-en/products/116272.html?attribute=10175&id=2293723 -> 10G BASE-T RJ45 SFP+ Module -> cat6a cable -> our RJ45 based switch, should work?
  3. K

Hi all, I am developing a hardware design on an Alveo U55C card (Alveo U55C High Performance Compute Card) and need some basic network functions. However, I can only use the QSFP28 interfaces that the board provides, yet all lab equipment that I can connect it to is copper RJ45. An initial...
  4. K

10GBe NICs suggestions

Hmm, I see. Thank you for the clarification. This is something specific to the architecture of the Mellanox ConnectX chips or it is something that generally applies to all solutions for 10Gbps networking (even chipsets geared towards workstations such as Aquantia ones)? My application scenario...
  5. K

10GBe NICs suggestions

Wow, I completely lost you here. Why would I only get 2500 Mbps from a 10Gbps NIC? Also Connectx-3 cards seem to be passively cooled and in the manual I could find: https://network.nvidia.com/pdf/user_manuals/ConnectX-3_Ethernet_Single_and_Dual_SFP+_Port_Adapter_Card_User_Manual.pdf it does...
  6. K

10GBe NICs suggestions

Thank you both for the prompt answers! I will look into your proposed cards and see what deals I can find. The argument about the power draw and heat dissipation is a very important one that I will have to take under consideration. Considering the cost, I was under the impression that SFP...
  7. K

10GBe NICs suggestions

Hi all, I need your help since on networking equipment my knowledge is pretty basic. I have a Threadripper workstation (Linux/Windows) and a recently converted my previous Xeon workstation to a server/NAS device. Both workstations are connected through 1GBe to my router and from there to the...
  8. K

In need of a simple 2.5G/10G switch

Thanx for the recommendation! I am not interested in PoE, so I do not really know whether I should consider this switch. I have been looking also at the TL-SX105 and TL-SX1008. Reading mixed reviews on the internet about their quality, but the price points are quite good. What almost all the...
  9. K

only 3x10G ports does not cover requirements, otherwise this is an interesting switch :) Thanx for the recommendation!
  10. K

Cool, thanx!
  11. K

Hi all, I need to help a friend with a small office to upgrade his network switch. Currently he has a Netgear GS110MX (Gigabit with 10-Gigabit/Multi-Gigabit) that has 2x10GbE ports and 8x 1GbE ports, all RJ45. On the switch, there is a NAS supporting 10Gb ethernet where all media files are...
  12. K

(Worldwide) MicroCloud, CPU and Memory

I am noticing that you are trying to sell a GPU for 1700 euros when someone in the same page is asking 1200 OBO for the same piece of hardware. Maybe revise pricing?
  13. K

EU [FS] Samsung 2.5 Enterprise SSD

Are these SAS or SATA? Do they work on generic systems or just HP ones?
  14. K

EU Consolidated FS thread (Quadro 6000 - NVDimm-N, Xeon's, SAS Controler, SSDs, Ruckus and more)

Hi there, can you provide some more information on the RTX5000? Is it a normal card that I can install in any workstation? Is it new?
  15. K

Xilinx Kria Edge AI SOMs Launched with Developer Kit

I tried to check for a european authorised distributor and all distributors listed in Xilinx's page for KRIA return a 404-error.... I checked with Mouser and they quote 0 stock supply and 55 week lead time....... that is one year... I guess this may simply mean that they do not a clue on when it...
  16. K

EU FS: Dual Xeon E5 v3 Workstation / Parts **SOLD**

Can you give me a price for the following? (per part) 1x Asus Z10PE-D16 WS; 2x Noctua NH-U12S; 6x 16GB ram DDR4 2133 ECC 2Rx4; 2x 32GB ram DDR4 2133 ECC 2Rx4; 1x PSU EVGA 1000 G2; Thank you!
  17. K

Workstation Xeon W (Ice Lake variant).

Thanx! I'll check it out!
  18. K

Workstation Xeon W (Ice Lake variant).

I cannot find, so maybe they pulled it?
  19. K

AMD EPYC 7003 Milan The Fast Gets Faster

Oh this is nice to hear, thank you!
  20. K

AMD EPYC 7003 Milan The Fast Gets Faster

I tried to configure a Dell server (7525) and no Milan parts were available. Only in the US dell site configurator some 7003 options were available. However Dell/AMD were running promo discounts on the 7002 parts and the price is much more attractive. I am seriously thinking to write a...