Search results

1. E

HELP!!! AOC-SLG3-2M2 and X10Dri-T bifurcation issue

I got it figured it out. Moved the card to slot 1 and changed it to x4x4 and it works
  2. E

HELP!!! AOC-SLG3-2M2 and X10Dri-T bifurcation issue

It seems like a lot of users struggle to get both nvme drives recognized when installed. I have AOC-SLG3-2M2 sitting in a x8 slot on a X10Dri-T. I've followed the instructions and still can see only one of the drives in unraid. These are the instructions from the card in terms of bios setup 1)...
  3. E

x10 Bifurcation support

Sorry to rehash an old thread. I have the x10dri-t with the aoc-slg3-2m2 card. I can only get my OS (unraid) to see one drive. I followed the bios instructions about changing to x4x4x4x4. Maybe I adjusted the wrong slot?? I'm not clear from the MB diagram which slots are for IIO0 and IIO1. Any...
  4. E

Help with SAS2-836EL1 and HBA HP220 in IT mode;

Not sure what to say. The card is definitely an EL1 and all the ports are there??
  5. E

I found this where it shows two connections in failover which uses ports #7 and #10. I double checked and the ports are there on the card.
  6. E

HI Really dumb question. I have a 3U SM chassis with SAS2-836EL1. I'm using a X10DRi-T motherboard. I want to connect the backplane to my HBA HP220 which is in IT mode. The chassis came with a CBL-00117-01-A-R but it has a different end connector not compatible with the HP 220. I bought...
  7. E

Help with Supermicro basics

It was the Ribbon cables. Thanks for the help and explanation. I will tackle again!
  8. E

Help with Supermicro basics

Hi I'm hoping someone can help with the BASIC stuff. I've built desktop before but never a rackmount server. I'm trying to build an UNRAID server. These are the parts I have: Case: Supermicro CSE-836BE16-R920B with BPN-SAS2-836EL1 HBA: Hp h220 flashed in IT mode (Aka LSI 9207-8i) 10G SFP+ card...
  9. E

Are there 2.5GBase-T SFP+ modules?

Would it make sense to use this to power the new ruckus 5Gbase-T APs x 3. Have found it nearly impossible to find 5.0 5Gbase-T poe++ mini switch for this purpose. This seems to be the first one. I have a mikrotik router and multiple switches. I just need the sfp+ uplink to my mikrotik. Can all...
  10. E

Any considerations on a multi-gigabit (1, 2.5, 5, 10) switch?

What about trying to power a new AP? The new ruckus AP r850 takes 5GbE but uPOE is required? Any reasonable switches? Need three uPOE ports for 3 x AP
  11. E

Netgear M4500 100G switches

Has anyone looked at these M4500 M4500-48XF8C | Fully Managed Switches | Switches | Business | NETGEAR They seem to be targeting AV over IP. However they have fibre with 10/25/50/100G speeds depending on the model. These could be great top of the rack switches. @Patrick Would love to see a STH...
  12. E

Ubiquiti's 25G/3.6 Tbps Leaf Switch

Any update on this?
  13. E

Intel DC P3520 SSDPE2MX012T7 1.2TB PCIe 3.0 NVME U.2 SSD Warranty 2022 $99.95

How will this perform as an unraid cache drive with sfp+ network transfer speeds?
  14. E

MikroTik CRS326-24S+2Q+RM Review Insane Switch

I was thinking about getting into vlans. The mikrotik ccr would still route and handle the VPN, the crs or Cisco would handle the 10G sfp+ switching between switches.
  15. E

MikroTik CRS326-24S+2Q+RM Review Insane Switch

Excluding price, how would this unit compare to the Cisco SX550X-24F? I'm thinking of adding either one of these at the top of my rack. I currently have a mikrotik CCR1036-8G-2S+EM doing my routing and switching and three Cisco switches (interconnected via sfp+) functioning as layer 1. This is...
  16. E

CSE-836 + CSE-PTJBOD-CB1

Same here - also looking for the standoffs
  17. E

Help - AOC-SLG3-2E4T vs AOC-SLG3-2M2

thanks! I need the 2M2!
  18. E

Help - AOC-SLG3-2E4T vs AOC-SLG3-2M2

I'm planning on using a X10DRi-T for my unraid server. I'd like to bifurcate one of the x8 ports to x4x4 for 2 x NVMe 2TB cache drives. Is there a difference between the AOC-SLG3-2M2 and SLG3-2E4T ??
  19. E

Help with home 10GbE network (10Gbase-T and SFP+)

I use teamviewer for the ease. I tried setting up RDP before with a simple one - computer to another and never got it to work. Does it matter which version of Windows 7 my VPN server is running for RDP to work ? If the VPN goes down then the server cannot access the internet and I cannot access...