Search results

1. M

Silent/Headless Workstation (X10DRi, 2xXeon E5, Phanteks Enthoo Pro)

Lycom DT-120 is the bracket that I am using.
  2. M

Silent/Headless Workstation (X10DRi, 2xXeon E5, Phanteks Enthoo Pro)

Hi there I recently built a system with supermicro x10dal-I, 2x e5-2660 v3 and here is what I will share with you. First, I am booting off a Samsung 951 nvme in an adapter bracket. My bios is set to UEFI before installing OS. Windows 10. As for Temps, I see possible improvements. To create...
  3. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Installing windows 10 from usb key did not work for me either. I tried installing from cd drive and worked right away. As for the pre-installed win 10 on a ssd I don't expect that to work. Have you tried installing windows from a cd drive?
  4. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Do not bother with Windows on a USB stick. I had the same problem. Windows 10 on cd worked for me. Good luck
  5. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Supermicro X10S...... for single cpu and supermicro X10D...... for dual cpu. I am using a X10DAl-I and has been great.
  6. M

ES Xeon Discussion

For any cpu/motherboard check socket type for both. If they match then the cpu is compatible with the motherboard. You might also want to check TDP for both cpu and motherboard. As for swapping cpus it should be an easy task.
  7. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Please post an update once you have it put together.
  8. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Will your rendering software be able to utilize all these cores? If the software that you'll be using is limited to a specific number of cores I would choose less cores with higher speed per core.
  9. M

ES Xeon Discussion

That's my understanding. QH is better than QE or QD.
  10. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Read earlier comments in this thread. It's explained by Patriot.
  11. M

ES Xeon Discussion

What is the spec for this cpu? Q???? My supermicro boards BIOS was not ready for a V4 chip. If that is your case you would need to update first.
  12. M

ES Xeon Discussion

You mean not in a kit? That's what I got, single sticks. But I wish I bought the kit. 4 sticks of quad channel memory per CPU is working great for me.
  13. M

ES Xeon Discussion

ASUS website has a list of compatible memory with your board both ecc and none ecc. I suggest using ram that is listed as tested by ASUS for your board only because it will be easier to get support from ASUS if you have any issues. I had a situation with a memory error on my supermicro and their...
  14. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Look for comments made by Patriot in this thread. I am sure you will find the QE.... not to be so recommend. The ones that start with QF or QG are a much better bet. I have 2 2660 M0 and they have been great. Keep us posted.
  15. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Intel.com
  16. M

ES Xeon Discussion

Hwinfo and look under cpu. Compare the instruction sets with the production ones on intel's Web site.
  17. M

ES Xeon Discussion

CPU-world does not seem to have much info when it comes to V4 ES Many of ther E5-26xx V4 ES are L0. I too would like to know how good or bad they are.