Search results

1. watersb

Seagate Exos X16 14 TB SATA (Manufacturer Recertified) - 130$

I built a ZFS server using Seagate drives from this vendor, ServerPartDeals. I had a high DOA rate on the first shipment -- but they immediately cross-shipped replacement drives. I paid for shipping the defective units. A bit of a hassle, but these were recertified units at low price. i would...
  2. watersb

Deals on soundproof rack enclosures for home setting?

After starting this thread, and looking into those high-spec quiet racks, I discovered this excellent post: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/selecting-finding-shipping-and-installing-a-silent-rack.17886/
  3. watersb

You are talking about the Pelican Hardigg cases? I know audio road crew has to work fast with heavy stuff, but how often do things get dropped from two meters up? (never mind; if you have to ask the question, the answer is "often enough") :-)
  4. watersb

@brmiller The tip regarding audio studio racks is a good one, thanks! We do some audio stuff so I was indeed considering that as an option. As we are in a remote rural location, racks don't come up very often, but always worth looking. I would totally go get this eBay thing if I were not 2000...
  5. watersb

I have been distracted by a couple of finds on eBay today. Top-grade data server enclosures, -30dba broadband noise attenuation, monitored heat and ventilation. BRING A TRUCK These are steelcase grade APC NetShelter OEM; the more intriguing oneis the ucoustic branded quiet box. Alas, I can't...
  6. watersb

Fantastic VESA mount arms

I have not; it looks like a good mount comparable to the Innovative Tech 7500. I tried a used Ergotron MX with my iMac 27 2010 and a VESA mount adapter for the iMac. Many reviewers on Amazon seemed very happy with that setup. But despite hours spent adjusting and reinforcing my steel desk...
  7. watersb

Fantastic VESA mount arms

Innovative Tech 7500-1500 HD super heavy duty monitor arms, new in box, $79. NEW Innovative 7500 Deluxe Flat Panel Radial Arm Flexmount 7500-1500-104-14 | eBay Changing my desk and lab setup this summer, I signed up for Amazon Prime Day... I have purchased and returned four different mounting...
  8. watersb

Xeon E5620 $5 plus shipping

OWC Garage Sale. Old kit, cheap. OWC has two speeds: "crazy expensive" and "other". If you are a small business, and can afford their new-product prices, their customer service and warranty are legendary. Love these folks. Intel BX80614E5620 (*) Xeon E5620 Westmere... in stock at MacSales.com
  9. watersb

Gigabyte C232 Motherboard for $62

Actually, I decided to wait on the CPU and DRAM purchase. So I don't know. But I don't think flashing the board would be necessary. My current plan is to try this with a Kaby Lake Pentium G4600. I am also going to try Kingston KVR21E15D8/16 for the ECC DRAM. This part is not listed on...
  10. watersb

Gigabyte C232 Motherboard for $62

Open Box deal on Newegg, and Free Shipping! Open Box: GIGABYTE GA-X150M-PRO ECC (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel C232 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com I wanted a modest desktop rig that supports ECC RAM to replace the dead guts of my Antec 1200 ZFS tower project. I ordered...
  11. watersb

FS: QNAP + Infortrend NAS and more

Wow. I am visiting family in Phoenix. Would love to get back to ABQ with my server project moving forward.
  12. watersb

Staying current in IT: The ISOs your NAS should have

I have enjoyed working with almost all of these things, and a bit deeper into security. However, most of my friends think I am nuts, that this field is too broad. What would be a job title for someone who knows about all of these OS options, worked through Linux From Scratch, a Mac and iOS...
  13. watersb

Supermicro SC826A ($165 + Shipping)

My first post to this section of the forum, I just put up the same thing, but ready to go with SAS, 2x L5630, RAM. :-)
  14. watersb

eBay SuperMicro 2U: 12-disk, 2x L5630, $290

Older, but good value at $299 shipped. I have purchased from Garland Computers before and had a good experience. Supermicro 2U Server X8DTN+ 2x Xeon L5630 2.13ghz QC / 32gb / HW Raid / Add HD 12 HDD-Bay 2U Server LSI MR SAS 8708EM2 Raid Controller SAS826A Backplane is partitioned (3x 4...
  15. watersb

FS/FT/WTB/WTT sfbayzfs Pt 1: Systems, backplanes, controllers, expanders, mobos, procs, RAM

Wow, if I were still in town, I'd come get the SC735 workstation! Is the X8DTE still available?
  16. watersb

FS (CT): Supermicro SC846A-R1200B **SOLD**

Would be perfect for my next project. But Los Alamos is not quite in New England. Can you give me an estimate on shipping-box dimensions?
  17. watersb

FS Supermicro X5687, Avoton servers, switches and more

Thanks for responding, best wishes to you in selling the other items!
  18. watersb

FS Supermicro X5687, Avoton servers, switches and more

I want this SuperMicro combo. I signed up for the forums just now in order to find computer guts for my dead ZFS array. PayPal or trade. My eBay profile is eBay Feedback Profile for boydwaters Thanks!