Search results

1. M

And so it begins... First AMD Ryzen AM4 server motherboard.

Was just checking in on the state of things because I want to purchase an AM4 system for first-time experimenation with AMD instead of Intel for many years soon. Looking at the previously referenced Level1Techs thread ASRock Rack still hasn't released a BIOS with 1.0.0.3 ABB or newer to fix...
  2. M

Looking how much time delay there is between ASRock Rack's BIOS releases and the other manufacturers I'd prefer it if they would "take a chance on" 1.0.0.3 ABB instead of waiting for ABBA. ;) I mean, how many X470D4U buyers are going to complain about 4375 MHz max SC turbo (with a 3700X, for...
  3. M

BIOS 3.20 still hasn't 1.0.0.3 ABB yet :(
  4. M

It's as @EffrafaxOfWug stated. There is a short experience overview in a thread at the Level1techs forum: Synology Active Backup: Free VMWare Backup And Restore! | Level One Techs
  5. M

Does anybody have a contact at ASRock Rack to find out when they are including the AGESA 1003 ABB fix for the RDRAND issue? Sucks that you cannot boot ESXi 6.7 U3 or Fedora 30 on an X470D4U if you are using a Ryzen 3000 CPU.
  6. M

ASRock (non-Rack) is also one of my preferred manufacturers for desktop builds right now. Ryzen 3000 does not seem to be the cause of CPU_PROCHOT, if I read that Level1 Forum thread correctly initially it started with a 2700X, then a 2600X (with pre-Zen 2 BIOS 1.50) and finally continues on...
  7. M

Thanks for replying so quickly! At least ESXi seems to also be vulnerable to CPU_PROCHOT so Windows doesn't seem to be the culprit here. Hope that ASRock Rack is getting their sh** together and that there is no Intel mole in their BIOS software engineering team ;)
  8. M

Hi guys, Since I'd like to switch to Zen 2 for future builds I also started circling around the X470D4U since as you know the feature set is unique for the AM4 platform at this point. I had been burned in the past regarding firmware issues so I searched online for what "might be wrong" at this...
  9. M

Cannot get SMB Multichannel to work (Win 8.1 <-> 10)

I think I just got mind-fuqqed: I211/I217-V Windows 10 LACP teaming fails Quote from the Intel Wired Community Windows 10 No Teaming Thread: This somehow leads me to believe that working SMBMC (with increased transfer speed during a single file copy process) is more or less a "bug" and...
  10. M

Update #2 regarding fresh installs of 8.1 and 10: Proper SMBMC is still not working, also tried Hirn's tip of de- and reactivating a NIC on a system. However that led to an interesting discovery: PC1 has two 1 GbE connections (PC1-Eth1 and PC1-Eth2), running 10 Pro 1607 PC2 has two 1 GbE...
  11. M

Next I'll try to mix it up with Win 10 on one of the systems to replicate your setup, maybe the disabling and reenabling of one ethernet adapter on the 8.1 system will work then, too.
  12. M

I just ordered an 8.1 retail licence (only got OEMs so far) that should have some Microsoft installation support included, I'll try to get them to release a step-by step check-list that is really complete so that we don't have to guess WHY something is behaving the way it is. I'll bring Win 10...
  13. M

Thanks for trying to help but these teaming issues affect Windows 10 (current test setup consists of two 8.1 machines) and SMBMC isn't the same as teaming. You can combine SMBMC with teaming but in general these are two different features.
  14. M

First feedback after an unsuccessful test with fresh setups of Win 8.1 on each system :( I'll list everything I've done on both systems: - Create setup USB thumb drive of 8.1 Pro x64 with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool - Unplug all ethernet cables - Install 8.1 - Install motherboard chipset...
  15. M

Tried both and unfortunately no change :( Will try the clean setup over the weekend, then I can check if maybe the downloaded Intel drivers are at fault (although they do work with SMBMC in Server 2012 R2/2016 TP5).
  16. M

On my current systems the network was in fact set up as a public network. I then used the IPv4 address of a managed switch as a gateway and changed the public network to a private one via regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles and changed...
  17. M

Cannot thank you enough for assisting here. Could you check if SMBMC still works... - if the ethernet adapters use IPv4 only (IPv6 deactivated) - use manual IPv4 settings, no DHCP, gateway or DNS used (I'd like to use it in a very basic network without internet access or a router)
  18. M

@Hirn: Thank you for sharing your experiences, that gives me some hope. I was about to purchase support from Microsoft to finally get an answer to where the issue's exactly located. Even considered that SMB Multichannel is only supposed to work in Server Windows Editions. Now that I think of...
  19. M

This s.... stuff is beginning to go on my nerves. Encouraged by last weeks success with fresh installs of Server 2012 R2 on both systems I made the same with 10 Pro (the exact same driver files) and it's not working again :( Does anyone have SMB-Multichannel functioning under 10 Pro (no Server...
  20. M

Update: SMB Multichannel IS finally working, between two Server 2012 R2 systems. Same hardware, same downloaded driver packages and switch settings as the original Windows 8.1 and 10 situation. It's also working between the two switches with a LACP LAG (hash algorithm SRC IP + DEST IP). The...