Search results

1. B

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

try admin with no password I think that is what mine was.
  2. B

Nutanix Community Edition - Invites

All invites gone.
  3. B

Nutanix Community Edition - Invites

I've got 5 invites as well if anyone is interested PM me.
  4. B

Forums buried on site redesign

ditto.
  5. B

Intel-RES2SV240

I just got one for $60+$12 shipping. Great deal on this expander. I ran one for a while on an unraid box with dual links. All 16 drives had a sata 3 link and ran at full speed.
  6. B

Storage Spaces Monitoring/Alerts

I'm playing around with storage spaces on 2012r2 and have found decent performance what what I want to do. My question to you guys running it day to day is how are you monitoring the pools for hardware issues? I've seen a few articles talking about a power shell script, but that looked to be...
  7. B

Hyper-V Export to ESXi... I feel stupid even asking.

When i did this about a year ago i had to choose "vmware pre-allocated image" and ide as the disk type for the conversion or it would never boot. I had a couple of v2 2012 guests that i was able to choose scsi and they worked.
  8. B

Hyper-V Backup

The built in replication is hard to beat for simplicity.
  9. B

Looking for a disk Management plug-in/software

run scandisk and look for light?
  10. B

Odd IPMI CPU Temp Issue

For anyone else that runs into this. I was never able to get the temp reading in the BMC fixed. What i did find was some nifty little fan adapters that reduce fan speed by about 40%. Amazon.com: 5 Pcs Computer PC Fan Noise Speed Reduce 4 Pins Resistor Cable Adapter: Electronics These...
  11. B

Odd IPMI CPU Temp Issue

I have been playing with a gigabyte GA-7TESM and some L5630's. The issue i'm having is that the IPMI (megarec based) shows the CPU temp as almost double of what it is. I know the processor is nice and cold, but the high temp readings is causing the fans to throttle up. Has anyone ran into...
  12. B

Testing XenForo on STH

No problem, just let me know if you need me to beak anything else. :D
  13. B

Mellanox ConnectX EN 10Gig MNPH29B-XTC OS Compatibility

i'm still in the process of getting it all setup. 5.5 wasn't hard at all. I hope to be able to really test performance in the next couple of days.
  14. B

Mellanox ConnectX EN 10Gig MNPH29B-XTC OS Compatibility

That same seller took my offer of $40 each last week. I did find that to get them to work with ESXI 5.5 or 5.1 you have to disable VT-D in the bios.
  15. B

Hyper-V Web Hosting Cluster Exploration

As far as managing hyper-v server I just ran across the 5nine free manager, looks to be promising. Will be tomorrow before I get to test it out though. 5nine: Virtualization Management, Security and Compliance
  16. B

WTS: Intel RES2SV240, X3440's

added dl120's, drives and p212's
  17. B

WTS: Intel RES2SV240, X3440's

WTS: Intel RES2SV240, X3440's, dl120 g6, hp drives, p212's SOLD - 1 x Intel RES2SV240 - $155, shipped lower 48, It was only used for about 6 months. It comes in the bulk box with all cables and both brackets. 3 x Intel Xeon X3440 - $120 each, shipped lower 48. Gently used, cpu only. 8 x HP...
  18. B

DL180 G6 (Serverworks Edition ILO2!) $25 motherboard

I've got a couple of dl120 G6's, will these fit in it?
  19. B

Too Cool not to share

Did you create a _iso folder and place the images in it? They should just show up on the lcd if so.