Search results

1. J

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Drive - Cheap 2.5" 4TB drives

If that's what in those 5TB portables Newegg has them for $130 with promo code. Seagate Backup Plus 5TB USB 3.0 Hard Drives - Portable External Model STDR5000100 Black-Newegg.com
  2. J

XMR-STAK-CPU-DEV .......this is odd... long but interesting post.

In your new configuration "low_power_mode" is set to true, which is a different algorithm that uses twice the cache. You might try 17 or 18 threads and see what happens. Then you could set "low_power_mode" to false and try 30-32 threads and see that gets you. "no_prefetch" was also changed from...
  3. J

Dedicated Crypto Mining Open Compute server build.

How many cores are in the CPU on the right? The sensor only shows 8 cores per CPU but they're numbered strangely.
  4. J

Tgtbt - HGST Ultrastar 3TB pulls - 10.92

They sold out of high end PC processors for 2.50 each. I'd be surprised if they sent anybody anything.
  5. J

Server 2016-Storage Spaces: Setup Different Number of Columns per Tier?

I guess the fast tier has to be a mirror? # paramter section $spName = "StoragePool0" $vdName = "VirtualDisk0" $cols_hddTier = 6 # how to incorporate those value? $s_ssdTier = 350GB # maximum possible size $s_hddTier = 29700GB # maximum possible size $s_WBC = 50GB # maximum...
  6. J

Server 2016-Storage Spaces: Setup Different Number of Columns per Tier?

Move the resiliency settings to the New-StorageTier lines. You can even mirror the SSDs if you want. # paramter section $spName = "StoragePool0" $vdName = "VirtualDisk0" $cols_ssdTier = 3 # how to incorporate those value? $cols_hddTier = 6 # how to incorporate those value? $s_ssdTier =...
  7. J

Storage space 2016 good read

New-StorageTier -StoragePoolFriendlyName Pool1 -FriendlyName SSDTier -MediaType SSD -ResiliencySettingName Mirror -NumberOfColumns 1 New-StorageTier -StoragePoolFriendlyName Pool1 -FriendlyName HDDTier -MediaType HDD -ResiliencySettingName Parity -NumberOfColumns 3 New-Volume...
  8. J

If you need 1 more of these Best Buy has the Expansion 4TB Portable for $120 with $25 off if you Pay with Visa Checkout. Drive: Seagate - Expansion 4TB External USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black Visa Checkout offer: Visa Checkout at Best Buy
  9. J

Toshiba Enterprise SSD refurb 960,400 and 200 TB

It looks like this drive is actually toast. :( I pulled these stats off it when I got it: Power On Hours : 1153 hours Power On Count : 27 count Host Reads : 4943 GB Host Writes : 11964 GB
  10. J

I bought 3 of the 200GB and put Windows 10 on them. One of them has no partitions today. Wondering if anyone else had any issues with these.
  11. J

Newegg via Ebay: *Refurbished* SAMSUNG Data Center Series SV843 2.5" 960GB SSD

The SV843 is back in stock for $200. No thanks, newegg.
  12. J

Newegg via Ebay: *Refurbished* SAMSUNG Data Center Series SV843 2.5" 960GB SSD

Wow, I finally went to buy one and missed it by minutes.
  13. J

The Expansion model is $99 again Seagate 4TB Expansion Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Model STEA4000400 Bla
  14. J

LSI SAS 9201-16e's for $40

Are the cheap SFF-8087 to SATA bad too? I'm running on cheap ebay cables.
  15. J

The Raw Value of your Total Host Writes is E0E3 which an online calculator tells me is 57571 in decimal. Multiply that by 32MB and you get the value Crystal reports and multiply that by 1GB and you get the value the other program reports. If you copy a file several GB large you should be able to...
  16. J

$105 again today Seagate Backup Plus 4TB Portable External Hard Drive with 200GB of Cloud Storage
  17. J

Server 2012 R2, Storage Spaces and Tiering

Did you ever discover why this happens? I have 8x5TB disks I got for media storage, and I thought dual parity might be called for, but giving up 3 disks kind of stinks. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places but I'm finding it difficult in even finding info on dual parity in Storage Spaces...