Search results

1. Bradford

EXPIRED Supermicro CSE-829U 12 3.5" LFF 2x HS, 2 x PSU, 1 x 9361-8i raid

I have this in a datacenter with a couple GPUs, it's great. I want an excuse to get another one, but I don't think it would be very well suited to home use because of the fans. Great price at £99 with free shipping. More than 10 available...
  2. Bradford

What are the longest extending & heaviest duty rails?

This is a weird request. I am building a pull-out kitchen for the back of my truck for camping and was looking around for drawer slides. I thought that there might be some server rails that were built well enough for this. The rear dimensions of the truck bed are up to 1.5m/60" long. Is there...
  3. Bradford

Colocation Router Needed

Hello, I've been colocating a 2U server for a few months, and it's become apparent that my ER-X router isn't enough. With hardware offloading turned on (and possibly because of Wireguard), it's unreliable, with it turned off it limits bandwidth to 300Mb. I'm considering a ER-4, but it would...
  4. Bradford

Upgrade from ER-X for home gigabit

I'm having to use my current home ER-X for a colocation project. Since ER-X seem unavailable at MSRP right now, and since I'm moving to a location with gigabit internet, I want to consider upgrading. I have the following needs: Gigabit throughout Wireguard support OpenVPN support Low power...
  5. Bradford

WTB: Supermicro Rev B Outer Rails for 846

Hello, I'm looking for outer rails for my 846 - I believe part number MCP-290-00053-0N, but I just need the outer rails.
  6. Bradford

COMPLETE - WTB: PWS-920P-SQ

Edit: I was able to get a pair of SuperMicro PWS-721P-1R shipped for $30 on eBay, and they're quiet enough for me. I can't handle the noise from my PWS-902-1R PSU in my new 846 chassis. Anyone have a spare PWS-920P-SQ they want to get rid of? Possibly 2 based on price, but at the current...
  7. Bradford

High IOPS SSD options? And best bang for buck spinning rust?

I'm putting together a server that I will have running in a colocation for a few years, and I need to source two things: 1. A fast SSD with high IOPS (500k+) and high wear and mtbf (1.5M hours). I want 2TB+ but can do with less. The project suggests a EVO 970 Pro, 1TB is around $140, 2TB double...
  8. Bradford

Complete - WTB: 8x 16GB DDR4 RDIMM 2400MHz

Ideally on this compatibility list: Memory List | Supermicro 1.2V&ecc=1&reg=1&fbd=0&cpu=others I'm seeing about $50+ per dimm, which seems high to me. Thanks Got a set for $45/ea.
  9. Bradford

WTB/WTT: Epyc Naples/Rome CPU, Rome Motherboard

I'm looking for an ATX/EATX epyc board and CPU. Single socket is ideal but I'd consider dual if it makes sense. Cpu can be Naples but I'd like to upgrade to Rome and possibly Milan on the same board. To trade, I have ASRock Rack 2x 16gb ecc udimms (M391A2K43BB1-CTD) RSV-L4500
  10. Bradford

12U UCoustic rack

I have a local guy selling a 12U UCoustic rack (10 years old) - he's asking 1750 but I got him down to 1000, but still not sure if I want it at that price. I know it's huge, heavy, have to disassemble it, but having the option to not really worry about noisy servers is appealing. I am thinking...
  11. Bradford

[WTB] Supermicro 846 4U 24-bay server and parts

There's a lull in availability for these on eBay from liquidators, do any of you have one you want to get rid of? I'm also looking for SAS2 backplane for this and SQ PSUs, separately depending on what chassis I eventually get my hands on. I'm also looking for the 2.5" adapters for these 3.5"...
  12. Bradford

1U dual-slot GPU build advice needed

I have about 3 weeks to put together a system for an upcoming project. The requirements are a 15,000 passmark CPU, a single RTX 2070 or higher GPU, and NVMe drive. I may eventually colo this after about a year, so I'm looking at 1U enclosures since it will be cheaper in the long run. I came...
  13. Bradford

Sold: Supermicro Atom A1SRM-2758F board + 32GB (4x8GB) ECC

Update: Sold on eBay I repurposed my Ryzen as my home server and I'm retiring my Atom hardware. I changed out the passive cooler for an active, both will be included with the board. The memory is 4x8GB Samsung M391B1G73BH0-CK0, on SuperMicro's QVL Update: Added pictures Prices: Board +...
  14. Bradford

WTB: C2000 Replacement MOBO

I think my poor old Supermicro C2758 board died today. I was working on it and everything just shut down. No response at all. I rebooted, it did it's normal "BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" without following that with its final "BEEP" that indicated a successful boot. I couldn't get any video, and I forgot...
  15. Bradford

WTB: Server Storage Chassis (many 2.5" hot swap bays)

I'm looking for a rack-mount upgrade for my lil storage server - I'm maxed out on my current 8x 2.5" hot swap bays. I'm looking at the CSE-216 (which I can get for at most $220 shipped on eBay with rails), but I'm wondering if any of you have one or something similar you're looking to get rid...
  16. Bradford

WTB: Blades, Opterons, & DDR3 ECC - BL465c and BL685c G7 (or 8) & 16-core Opteron 6200/6300

Update: I'm also in the market for small-sized DDR3 ECC RAM - 2-4GB modules are fine, and low voltage or low profile preferred but not required. I got my hands on a c7000 blade chassis and I'd like to fill it full of Opterons. If you have a surplus of unwanted, sad Gen 7 or 8 Opteron blades...
  17. Bradford

Looking for Advice - Filling C7000 blade chassis

Hello, I scored a c7000 chassis locally at what I think is a good price at $270. It included all the fans and power supplies (that run on 110) and iLO and switches I could use, as well as 4 operational blades (BL460c G7 w/ 2xE5620 and 12GB RAM). My primary purpose is to have a home lab again...
  18. Bradford

Closed: WTB: 3U Chassis w/ 4x 5.25 External Bays

I'm looking to move my Atom C2758 NAS to a rack mount case. I have a full 8x 2.5" hot swap enclosure that takes up 2 5.25" external bays, and I will want to expand so I need 2 more 5.25" free bays (total of 4). 2U cases seem too cramped for what I'm looking for, and preclude larger low-rpm...
  19. Bradford

IBM Netfinity 5000 Server - $200

I stumbled across this in my local craigslist, maybe they'll ship it? Seems to be pretty nice specs for the price, maybe I'll grab it and use it for mining: Brand: IBM Memory (RAM) Capacity: 1GB Form Factor: Tower MPN: NETFINITY5000 Processor Type: Pentium III UPC: 0705487068092 MPN...
  20. Bradford

IBM BladeCenter - Fitted with Blades from Factory?

I have the opportunity to buy a IBM BladeCenter locally for less than 1k - it's NEW in the box, and the seller sent me a photo of the serial number/etc. They are pretty ignorant about computers, so they just sent me the label photo. I am hesitant to ask them to check inside, in case there are...