Search results

1. Bradford

supermicro CSE-829 chasis with active CPU heatsink

Well I missed out on the auction so I still have some time before I outfit another one of these. How do you like the H11? That would be a fun build
  2. Bradford

Nice! Do you have part numbers for the fan you added? Did it require a new heatsink as well? And how is the noise level now?
  3. Bradford

EXPIRED Supermicro CSE-829U 12 3.5" LFF 2x HS, 2 x PSU, 1 x 9361-8i raid

Is that with fans as low as they'll go without the cpu overheating? Or is that on a Supermicro 'quiet' fan profile?
  4. Bradford

Bummer. I might grab it anyway, it'll be about $120 with a couple 2690 v4s and figure out what to do with it. I love these chassis for GPU workloads. I have 3x GPUs in one in a colo and it performs great.
  5. Bradford

How is the noise? I found another on ebay near me and I might grab it for the home lab, but I am very picky about noise.
  6. Bradford

Did you ever figure this out? I am considering picking one of these up for home use (I love mine that's colocated) but I'm worried about fan speed.
  7. Bradford

I have this in a datacenter with a couple GPUs, it's great. I want an excuse to get another one, but I don't think it would be very well suited to home use because of the fans. Great price at £99 with free shipping. More than 10 available...
  8. Bradford

What are the longest extending & heaviest duty rails?

Thanks both. SlideMaster looks amazing @cbarbie but I'm trying to save money :D Good idea @oneplane, roller bearings might be the best approach.
  9. Bradford

What are the longest extending & heaviest duty rails?

This is a weird request. I am building a pull-out kitchen for the back of my truck for camping and was looking around for drawer slides. I thought that there might be some server rails that were built well enough for this. The rear dimensions of the truck bed are up to 1.5m/60" long. Is there...
  10. Bradford

Storage Crypto ?

Yes, it's slow, especially at first. Don't buy drives for it, but if you have spare drives, I think it beats Chia. So I've been migrating from Chia as I fill drives. Not a bad use of spare drives in my colocation server.
  11. Bradford

Storage Crypto ?

Yes, just incremented the standard port for the second node. The storj docs recommend a new node when adding space. I think it's a good idea because if a drive fails, you don't kill your reputation on your other nodes. I am mirroring my storj drives, and will do that until I finish migrating...
  12. Bradford

Storage Crypto ?

For September, I used 473GB and made $15.72 on my 5TB drive that is full. Because it filled, I started another node that is about half full. That node used 265GB in September to ear $3.46. It seems that once a node is full, it gets more egress (which is more profitable). I pay for bandwidth in...
  13. Bradford

Storage Crypto ?

For my 5TB node, I have used 637GB in bandwidth this month to earn $6.87
  14. Bradford

Storage Crypto ?

I have been on Storj for about a year and have only filled about 3.3TB, which currently makes me $13/mo. I'll start moving my chia drives to Storj as they become full since Storj is more profitable per TB but takes AGES to fill drives. I'm interested in FileCoin but the barrier to entry has...
  15. Bradford

ASRock Rack BMC Fan Control?

I have a server in my office that I can keep quiet with a windows task that is run every time I login or unlock the computer. I have a Supermicro 846 with SM fans except for the CPU fan, so when I login I sending the ssh command that keeps my CPU fan at max (1400 RPM) and the chassis fans as low...
  16. Bradford

EU [W] GPU Server

I'm interested in something similar, but happy with 1. I'm in the UK now, but earlier this year in the US I grabbed one of these, wish I got 2. If you find something please let me know. with 4 GPUs you're looking at a 4U or 5U.
  17. Bradford

Supermicro 6028U-TRTP X10DRU-i Barebone $349

I might be in the market for another one of these. Anyone see them this low recently?
  18. Bradford

Colocation Router Needed

Yes please, and thanks
  19. Bradford

Colocation Router Needed

I didn't realize you could run VyOS and RouterOS on AMD64 architecture - is this true? If so, very cool and interesting. I put in a pre-order for the RB5009, but it's not going to ship until late next month. If i can get something decent for a AMD64 based solution, I'll do that as well. But...
  20. Bradford

Colocation Router Needed

Yes chicken I am also considering that, but having a hard time sourcing something decent here in the UK. I am really looking at the Mikrotik RB5009 if I can get my hands on one, a pfsense box otherwise. Although the IPMI aspect of it might be moot for me, as this will be colocated and...