1. S

Dell R730 - WS 2019 - Hyper-V > Slow Guest VM BOOT

The problem is still present... did you find a fix ? @terainfo
  2. S

Found a fix for me. After 2 weeks it reboots just fine. Link
  3. S

There are a few posts on the web with slow vm boot with terminal server but no real fix...
  4. S

Hi, forgot to mention that the problematic VM is a RDP server with ~20 users. After I made a new VM the problem was fixed for a few months, now I have the same problem, for now it takes ~ 15min to boot but its increasing... I think its smth related to VEEAM or RDP but I can't find a fix...
  5. S

X10DRL-i RAID Problem

I really tried to find a fix but ended up adding a dedicated RAID Controller and no more problems...
  6. S

I did use the MOVE setting from Hyper-V and it moves the config and storage, I played with disk cache, no change, raid controller and storage is already updated. Even if the quadro sits on the same pcie lane I don't think its a problem unless there is a hudge I/O and the only thing that the...
  7. S

I want to mention that I have a Quadro P2000 Passthrough to this VM but I did create a fresh VM config without GPU Passthrough and it was the same. EDIT: the VM just got online now after 2:30 hours did a reboot and the same day reboot in a few seconds is no longer valid...
  8. S

OS is 2 x SAS 600GB 10K RPM, RAID 1, No Read Ahead, Write Back, Disk Cache Enabled, No errors on disks 100% life and 0-5% activity when the VM is loading. ~ 30 degrease on the disks
  9. S

There is 0% activity on the raid volume where the VHDX and VM Config is located. 2 x Intel 960GB S4510 RAID1, 95% endurance, No Read Ahead , Write Through, Disk Cache Enabled I also tried on 2 x 960GB Samsung PM893, same problem I don't think its storage related as the I/O on the raid volume...
  10. S

Struggling with this problem for about a year but never had time to dig into it... Dell R730, 2 x E5-2680 v4, 64GB RAM, SSD Enterprise Storage, VEEAM Backup & Replication I have a VM with WS 2019 that it liked to boot in ~ 40 minutes 1 year ago and now it takes ~ 2 hours to boot. There are 2...
  11. S

Missing Disk in SS

Windows Server 2019 2 x SSD M.2 NVME with 2 x PCIe Adaptor ( Storage Spaces Mirror) Yesterday I noticed that one of the SSD's is not detected even after restarting the server. I moved the problematic SSD to a PC and it showed up with not problems, the SMART is ok and with Data on it from 2...
  12. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Got a 6450 48 port on ebay with POE dead, I want to use it without POE, I removed the POE board, no more errors in CLI but the fans are 100% all the time. Is there a way to disable the POE on the device or to slow down the fans ?
  13. S

Hardware Failures in 2020 - Post yours!

No problems with the seller, he sent me another board.
  14. S

Hardware Failures in 2020 - Post yours!

Bought a DELL R630 on ebay, after 16 hours in a rack it died.
  15. S

DDA Passthrough for plex

1. Assign the card to the VM LINK 2. Install driver LINK 3. Install driver for more then 2 transcodes LINK
  16. S

DDA Passthrough for plex

Running a VM with P400 and DDA, last time I tried 10 transcodes from 1080p to 720p 2mbps and GPU usage was ~60-70%. There is a github where you can find how to bypass the 2 transcode limit. If you want 4K transcode this is not the card for you.
  17. S

Supermicro X10SLM+-LN4F won't start with onboard video.

Hi, X10SLM+-LN4F with latest BIOS/BMC updates starts for a brief moment and then stops. If I add a dedicated GPU the board starts and I have signal on the onboard VGA port. The iKVM/HTML5 works when dedicated GPU is installed. The VGA jumper is set to ON. Tried different Intel i3/E3 v3 and RAM...
  18. S

H11SSL-I cannot access BIOS

Had the same problem, rewrite latest bios brom BMC.