Search results

1. K

Considering upgrade from Intel/E5-2670v1 to SM/E5-2620v4

I am hoping to get some advice on whether to upgrade my server or not. A week ago I came across a crazy cheap offer for a complete Supermicro server with the following: MB: SuperMicro X-10 DRL-i CPU: Dual E5-2620v4 2.10GHz RAM: 64GB (4*16GB, so 4 unused slots) Disk controller: AOC-S3108L-H8IR...
  2. K

ZFS pool faulted "too many errors", but no errors?

My proxmox host sent me the following mail half an hour ago: The number of I/O errors associated with a ZFS device exceeded acceptable levels. ZFS has marked the device as faulted." So I logged on to my host and found this: # zpool status pool: rpool state: DEGRADED status: One or more...
  3. K

Mikrotik or Unifi all the way?

I am hoping to get some input on how my home network should be amended, if at all. With Black Friday coming up, there's a chance to get nice discounts on device replacements. My current setup looks like this: [Internet] - 500/50 Mbit/s cable - [Edgerouter Lite] - 1GbE - [Unifi 16-XG] -...
  4. K

FS: Dell R210 II, E3-1270 (4 units)

These servers were previously used as rental game servers, hosted in a dust-free facility. Top-notch condition. Low power usage, low noise and powerful CPU make these ideal for many tasks, ranging from pfSense to CPU-taxing game server hosting. Specs: Intel Xeon E3-1270 Processor (3.4GHz...
  5. K

Proxmox VM as Steam in-home stream server

I've got a Steam Link in my living-room, a desktop/gaming PC in my home office and a recently deployed server tucked away in the basement. So far my kids and I have streamed from the desktop-PC to the Steam Link, which works great, but since that ties up the desktop PC I'd much rather stream...
  6. K

Dell 8024f or Quanta LB6M?

I'm trying to acquire a 10Gbit switch for my home network. I already have the Quanta LB4M, but since it only has 2x10Gbit ports it doesn't allow me to fan out to other 10Gbit devices at all. The Quanta LB6M can be had for ~$350 on eBay, while the Dell Powerconnect 8024f is normally at around...