Search results

1. Jb boin

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

I also have at least 2 different product names on mines (BANFF12 and JASPER12 if i recall correctly) without any issues with the latest firmwares or if mixed on the same chassis.
  2. Jb boin

It really seems that both are not cabled the same way, in my case changing SATA cables ports was definitely making the disks slots available to different nodes but power might need recabling between 3 and 4 noders as powering up the first node should power up the first "column" in 4 noders...
  3. Jb boin

The zoning app is only for C6220 II and only used to remap disks to different nodes. On the C6220 I 3.5", you simply have to plug the SAS<>SATA cables the way you need on the midplane (you only need to plug those on the first SAS port of each slots you use) and to the backplane ports which are...
  4. Jb boin

You simply have to use SAS<>4*SATA cables, you can even use standard cables such as this (but you might still need at least one of the Dell cables for the SGPIO) :
  5. Jb boin

As i already told multiple times on this topic, the 2.7.1 BIOS works just fine on C6220 (not II) but it might not make a difference to 2.5.3 as the changelog is related to II specific functions. As for the SSD, i had many issues with LSI 9265 RAID cards, SSDs were randomly dropping (especially...
  6. Jb boin

Dell C6220 Alternatives

Ive bought brand new Supermicro Twin² on a previous job more than 3 years ago (it was v2 CPUs i think), it was quite similar to the C6220 and it was having X9 IPMI which is better than the C6220 ones but not a good as ILO4 would be. From what i heard they are still working fine after more than 3...
  7. Jb boin

EU Dual E5-2600 Foxconn Server £250

The IPMI has its own RJ45, the SFP+ is only for the system, using a PCIe or USB network card is also a possibility About the virtualization, i dont know about nesting but keep in mind that some E5 V1 revisions have VT-D, some doesnt (if its of importance for you) There is no upper cover for...
  8. Jb boin

The screenshots from the previous page seems to be from another model (Quanta 2ML) : Quanta 2ML Render Farm - rack, 10 dual e5-2670 and 10Gb switch $3850 I have both models : the Quanta have the same interface as the screenshots on the previous page while the Foxconn have the same interface as...
  9. Jb boin

Quanta 2ML Render Farm - rack, 10 dual e5-2670 and 10Gb switch $3850

Both 1.27 and 3.29 doesnt work well : they report "Firmware Revision : 0.0" on "ipmitool bmc info" and the web admin shows a blank page on 1.27 and the 3.29 produce a content encoding error from the browser. I flashed again 1.26 and everything seems fine with it so far.
  10. Jb boin

One of my servers came with an IPMI (BMC) firmware 1.10 and the other with 1.11, i tried to upgrade to the 1.26 version for the "STRATOS-S210-X12MS" using the web interface while keeping all existing configurations... it didnt end up well : the flash worked but then as stated on the readme i...
  11. Jb boin

Just got 2 of those, shouldnt be an issue but i cant confirm yet as i havent got time to rack and plug those.
  12. Jb boin

9260 vs 9265, 8i, /w CacheCade Pro 2.0 & Other Caching HBAs

With BCache you create a "backed" device (its like a RAID logical disk) and you can set a disk/RAID to be its cache, its ony one command to detach/attach a cache (or to put a new cache device). With it, you can for example have 2 SSDs plugged directly to the motherboard using software to do...
  13. Jb boin

9260 vs 9265, 8i, /w CacheCade Pro 2.0 & Other Caching HBAs

If you use Linux, you can use BCache which will do the same as cachecade but on the OS level. And if you are worried about the safety of the datas, at least 2 SSDs in RAID1 would be better.
  14. Jb boin

Its most probably EATX (Extended ATX).
  15. Jb boin

Dell C6220 BIOS|ME|BMC Update

2.6.0 => 2.7.1 - Updated Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 V2 product family microcode to 428. - Updated Intel chipset configuration compliant BIOS specification Updates Rev 2.0.8. 2.5.3 => 2.6.0 -Corrected an issue where system cannot initialize the option ROM of LSI 2008 RAID card when the Intel...
  16. Jb boin

Dell C6220 BIOS|ME|BMC Update

What do you mean by FBC? About the procedure, i just upgraded 3 nodes without the need to do multiple reboots, i was able to flash the BMC directly to 2.53 then the BIOS to 2.7.1 without having to reboot in between, i also did the FCB on one of the nodes as the fans were kept at full speed, i...
  17. Jb boin

If you are under Linux you can change the governor and/or tweak its parameters : HowTo/CpuFrequencyScaling - Debian Wiki
  18. Jb boin

I did break the server by trying to crossflash a Gigabyte BMC firmware to it using socflash : when plugging the power it was starting for less than a second then shuts off for 2 or 3 seconds then was trying again to boot for less than a sec... I was able to repair it by short circuiting the BMC...
  19. Jb boin

Well, they are not regular Dell so they dont have IDRAC or PERC nor the usual build quality but on the other hand, there are many specific interesting tools for these : Dell PowerEdge C Server | System Management
  20. Jb boin

EU WTF: Supermicro 1U Raiser cards - lots

I have at least 16 of these, where are you from and how much would you buy them? I also have other models that might (or might not) work depending on the motherboard you have.