Search results

1. H

Huawei MA5671A SFP ONT won't fit in Mikrotik CRS317, CRS328

I just purchased and installed a Mikrotik CRS317, a CRS326, and CRS328. Currently, I'm trying to provision my CRS317 as a core switch/router, and I'm attempting to install a Huawei MA5671A SFP ONT into it for FTTH Internet access. My ISP is Bell Fibe, and I pulled the SFP ONT from the Home Hub...
  2. H

SM X9DRi-F won't boot with 2 CPUs

Hi folks, I finally got a chance to open and install an X9DRi-F board that I bought several months ago. It doesn't POST when a CPU is installed in socket 2. Doesn't matter which CPU of the 2 I use, nor does it matter what combination of RAM sticks I install, 2 CPUs won't boot. The socket pins...
  3. H

WTB: X9DRD-iF/LF

Tried buying 2 of these LF boards off eBay, and both ended up being damaged. Very frustrating. If anyone has a source for one of these boards, I’d be grateful. Thanks!
  4. H

Canada WTB: SM PDB-PT825-8824

Just bought a system with an SC825 chassis, not realizing that sometimes these things don’t come with a PDB. Which defeats the purpose of my quiet redundant PSUs (PWS-741P-1R). Looking to buy a compatible PDB. It would cost me about $40-50 CAD off eBay. But I’m hoping someone here might have a...
  5. H

WTB: SuperMicro 825 chassis

Looking for an 825 chassis with the TQ backplane. No power supplies or rails required, just the bare chassis with backplane. Oh, and it should be the 7xLP PCIe slot version, where the PCIe slots are all vertical. Thanks!
  6. H

Help with SM X9DRD-LF not booting

Just picked up a new set of parts from eBay and STH. I already have an existing SM X9DRD-iF (note the difference between my iF and new LF) setup. Existing parts: Chenbro 1U case SM X9DRD-iF mobo 2x E5-2660 CPUs 128GB of DDR3 ECC RAM @ 1333Mhz New parts: SM 825 2U case SM X9DRD-LF mobo 2x...
  7. H

Where to buy 4048 1u fans?

I bought a Chenbro RM13704 from @Russ and it uses 4048 fans. 4 of them are 4-wire PWM fans, and 1 of them is a 3-wire fan. The X9DRD-iF reduces the speed on the 4-wire fans to ~2.5k RPM, but it looks like it runs the 3-wire fan at 12k RPM (if the sensor readings are to be believed). So I'm...
  8. H

SFF-8087 cables too short; options?

So I just bought a SuperMicro CSE-846 with a SAS846TQ backplane. It came pre-installed with 5 CBL-0278L SFF-8087 forward breakout SATA cables with sideband connector, and 1 CBL-0288L SFF-8087 forward breakout SATA cable with sideband connector. I'm guessing that it was designed to connect to a...
  9. H

WTB: Intel E3-1220v2 or higher

Looking for a decent deal on this chip. Everyone on eBay seems to want nearly $200 USD. Thanks!
  10. H

Building 3 machines on the cheap

Hi folks, So I'm gearing up to build a home office lab in my new house. I'm looking to add the following rack-mountable machines: 1) pfSense router 2) NAS 3) VMware ESXi box I'm running 10GbE through these, via SFP+ connectors. I think I've settled on a SUPERMICRO SYS-5018A-MLTN4 1U box to...
  11. H

Help with 10GbE network setup

Hi folks, Just bought a new house, and I'm in the process of planning out the home office set up. A lot of it will likely be overkill. :-) My plan is to have 2 racks in the basement furnace room to house all of the equipment and infrastructure. One will be a 6U rack to house the patch panel...