Search results

1. C

Dell Express Flash NVME PM1725b 6.4 TB Capacity Optimized?

Hi All, I was able to get a Dell branded PM1725b 6.4 TB off of Ebay. It came with firmware 1.0 which I was able to update to 1.2.1. I did notice a bump in benchmark numbers using CDM. Does anyone know if this is the latest version of the firmware? Also, Samsung's spec sheet says that it can be...
  2. C

SMB3 development on Illumos (NexentaStor, OmniOS, OpenIndiana and SmartOS)

Upgraded my OpenIndiana to illumos-c5806743f7 and SMB connections (Get-SmbConnection) are now 3.0.2. Not sure if this means that it has all of the SMB 3.0.2 feature set though.
  3. C

vSphere backup - Veeam vs Nakivo

We've been using Altaro VM backup to back up a 3 node cluster. Pricing was great, around $1,100 per host and 3 year support (special pricing coming from Veeam.) So far it's saved my ass twice restoring a pfSense VM and Server 2019 VM. Tested out restoring from Azure and that worked out well...
  4. C

Napp-IT Multi target replication

Hello, I've been playing around with the replication job feature in Napp-IT in my home lab. Created an appliance group between 3 Napp-IT servers. The idea behind this is to be able to replicate from Main Server(MS) to Onsite Backup (OB) and Offsite backup (OF). So far, I've been able to...
  5. C

Napp-it ZFS Filesystems menu disappearing.

Yes sir, disabling the accelerator brings back the entries in the ZFS Filesystems menu.
  6. C

Thank you Gea. Really appreciate all of your effort. Ran a bonnie test, this is the output: NAME SIZE Bonnie Date(y.m.d) File Seq-Wr-Chr %CPU Seq-Write %CPU Seq-Rewr %CPU Seq-Rd-Chr %CPU Seq-Read %CPU Rnd Seeks...
  7. C

OpenIndiana build illumos-4976ccaaeb March 2019. ZFS Filesystems menu still not working as it should. Thanks.
  8. C

Hi Gea, Doing a ZFS List at console does work. I see rpool/boot environments, a test pool and two file systems that I created. A reboot does not fix the ZFS menu from disappearing (flashes and it's gone). I am able (if fast enough) to click on a property such as sync or compress and I do get...
  9. C

Hello guys, Fresh install of OpenIndiana fully updated to today (illumos-946342a260 March 2019) Fresh install of Napp-it (18.12q2). Going into ZFS Filesystems menu, briefly shows all properties on file systems and then disappears. Is something wrong with the install or something Gea has to fix...
  10. C

File locking issue?

Thanks Gea, I'll tweak those settings!
  11. C

File locking issue?

I've posted it, hope someone has some insight on what's going on. Thanks!
  12. C

File locking issue?

Hello Everyone, I have a small ZFS server VM deployed for a small team of users. They're constantly working on PDF files from the drives. I was originally running Napp-it on OmniOS 151012. All was working well until I upgraded to 151018. The issue is this: A user can work on a PDF file...
  13. C

OpenIndiana 2017.04

Gea, This is what I found out. (Could only be my setup). I did a fresh install and was on 48d8443e35. Installed open-vm-tools, then pkg update. After update I'm on 49bf4c2bcf. Installed Napp-it. Installs successfully but TTY perl errors when accessing POOLS, ZFS FILESYSTEMS and SNAPSHOTS...
  14. C

OpenIndiana 2017.04

Hi Gea, The cat /etc/release out put says: OpenIndiana Hipster 2017.04 (powered by illumos) OpenIndiana Project, part of The Illumos Foundation (C) 2010-2017 Use is subject to license terms. Assembled 01 May 2017 At this moment, after...
  15. C

OpenIndiana 2017.04

There are some TTY perl errors when accessing POOLS, ZFS FILESYSTEMS and SNAPSHOTS. Can't load '/var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/auto/IO/Tty/Tty.so' for module IO::Tty: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: relocation error: file /var/web-gui/data/napp-it/CGI/auto/IO/Tty/Tty.so: symbol PL_thr_key: referenced...
  16. C

OpenIndiana 2017.04

Gea, Looks like it installed correctly. Will test. Thanks!
  17. C

OpenIndiana 2017.04

Here it is: Illumian is no longer supportedroot@oizfs:~# wget -O - www.napp-it.org/nappit | perl root@oizfs:~# uname -a SunOS oizfs 5.11 illumos-bc30fb4ce8 i86pc i386 i86pc
  18. C

OpenIndiana 2017.04

Hi Gea, I've just tried installing napp-it on OI 2017.04 and it failed with "Illumian is no longer supported". 1) Installed OI as a VM 2) as su: pk install open-vm-tools 3) as su: pk update 4) as su: wget -O - www.napp-it.org/nappit | perl Anything I might have missed? Thanks.