Search results

1. R

EU Looking for 2.5inch SAS drives (600GB,900GB)

I am looking for about 20x 2.5 inch SAS drives. Thought I would ask here before going to eBay. Interested in any capacity 600GB or greater. Let me know what you have available. Thanks.
  2. R

Advice on ZFS server build

Thanks for the info Joel. I have been looking at playing with Proxmox but that's a project for the future at the moment. This chassis was re-purposed and came with the CPU's and RAM. I will definitely look at increasing the RAM as I know ZFS likes to use as much RAM as possible. Would I see...
  3. R

Thanks for the info. That makes sense now. Just looking at HBA's now. Is there any advantage to going with a SAS3 HBA considering the server has a SAS2 backplane. Looking at the IBM SERVERAID M1215 vs M1115. I will be flashing it with IT mode firmware.
  4. R

Hopefully I have posted this in the correct forum. Looking for some advice on this build. Have most of the bits listed below but am still deciding on the best disk configuration. Any advice is appreciated. Build’s Name: HomeLab NAS Build Operating System/ Storage Platform: ZFS - Still...
  5. R

EU WTB: Enterprise SAS SSD's

Looking for some Enterprise SAS SSD's for use in a Data-on JBOD being used for a Storage Spaces / Hyper-V test lab. Will consider all capacities but I have limited budget as this is a for a test lab. Will need at least 3-4 drives. Probably looking at 200GB or 400GB capacities. Thanks.
  6. R

EU A UK deal 4 Node, 2U, 8 -2670, 64GB.... (11 Available)

Yes I am connected to the SAN with iSCSI using MPIO.
  7. R

I actually don't use the internal drives for anything as all data is stored on SAN. Each node is capable of using 3 drives which wasn't going to provide the required IOPS for all my virtual machines. I work in the IT industry so have lots of virtual labs setup to test various new technologies...
  8. R

The console redirection issue is most likely related to the lack of an RMM4 chip in the server nodes. To use advanced BMC functionality you need to unlock the BMC for KVM features. See @ Guide to the Intel AXXRMM4LITE / RMM4_LITE for iKVM
  9. R

See attached screenshot from the BMC on one of the nodes. The screenshot was taken from a node that's in a VMware cluster running a number of virtual machines.
  10. R

I have two of these servers. Nice machines at a good price point. Regarding noise levels they not "that" loud as they have good fan control but they can ramp up quite a bit when under load and all four nodes are in use. The BIOS in each node has the usual Intel options regarding fan control e.g...