Search results

1. K

FS: Rare Intel Xeon v2 + Altera Stratix V FPGA 2U "HARP" server

Hi friends, Last year I bought this system from someone who didn't know what he had. It's an Intel 2U server that has an Altera Stratix V FPGA in socket #2 and a standard Xeon E5-2680 v2 in socket #1. Intel referred to these as "HARP" - heterogeneous architecture platform. I never got around...
  2. K

How to increase memory size of the write cache?

Hi friends, Does anyone know how to set/increase the memory size of the disk write cache? I've attached a picture showing that Server 2016 R2 limits it to 64 GB on my 128 GB machine. Windows 10 pro limits this to a much smaller value. It's definitely not 50% of RAM. I've tried google and...
  3. K

Need help with slow samba file copy speeds

I have low windows-to-linux samba file copy speeds and I can't figure out why. I have 2 machines that I can dual boot windows and linux. Windows-to-Windows file copy has no problem maxing out gigabit ethernet at 110+ MB/s. But when I reboot one machine into linux, it can barely hit 60-65 MB/s...
  4. K

Moving a Windows RAID to a new machine

Hi, I've been lurking here for awhile and have been upgrading equipment due to all the great deals that are posted here. Blessing and a curse... Thanks to all. Question 1: I have a 10 sata drive raid1 setup in a windows 8.1 generic machine. This raid is only data storage (OS is on a...