Search results

1. K

Looking for ArubaOS MAS 7.4.1.12 for Aruba S2500-24P

Could someone please send me the firmware? Unfortunately the aruba website no longer allows gmail addresses to download. Thanks in advance!
  2. K

ASUS IPMI Expansion Card

xenago posted this, can't thank you enough! Unfortunately, double-clicking the device in Explorer tries to open the site in HTTP, not HTTPS, and the web server doesn’t seem to redirect, so users should go straight to https://<ip>/#login to access the UI.
  3. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Hi friends, My 6610 started spinning up to fan speed 2. It would spin up for 10-30 seconds and slow back down to speed 1 for awhile. Rinse / repeat. It did this for a couple days and I finally got tired of it, so I took off the lid. It had been running for over 300 days in a garage rack, so...
  4. K

18TB Enterprise HDD $424.99

Hi friends, just sharing my experience since I'm reading a some negative Seagate comments here. I have 40 (yeah) Seagate HDDs scattered purchases from the past 5-6 years, ranging from 4 TB up to 16 TB. They are various Ironwolf and Exos models, 4, 8, 10, 12, 16 TB. I have never had a single...
  5. K

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

PCI-E gen 3 is 8 Gb/s per lane, so right there you're down to 32 Gb/s max theoretical. And even then it won't be that high due to a little bit of coding overhead. I don't recommend changing the MTU unless it's a direct computer to computer link. I also recommend being honest with what your NAS...
  6. K

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

Just a guess, you may have one card in a system's pci-e slot that's only gen 2 x 4 lanes which would net you a max of 16 Gb/s even though the 40Gb link is active.
  7. K

Intel S2600 bit fade memory errors

For posterity: I ran into this problem this week and found an Intel post about it: https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/articles/000032341/server-products.html How to Resolve the MemTest86 Error on Test 10 What am I seeing? When you run MemTest86 testing software, Intel®...
  8. K

Mellanox-SX6036-36-Ports-QSFP-FDR

Not trying to derail the thread, but the Brocade 6610s will do what you're after (two ports will do 40GbE and up to 16 10GbE ports). Noise might be reasonable for some rooms, but probably not bedroom.
  9. K

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations - RDMA

They "half" fixed it. ;-) I have two machines for testing: a) Windows Server 2019 b) Windows 10 Pro Workstation both fully updated as of today Cases: 1) If you're on (b), you can copy a file from the (a) Server machine to (b) and RDMA works. 2) If you're on (a), RDMA does NOT work if you try...
  10. K

$380 Micron 3.2TB S630DC SAS SSD & other capacities available

I bought two of the 800 GB and run them in raid1 in server 19 storage space ReFS. No problems, other than the heat. They are not noticeably faster than plain jane crucial SSDs. If you have available pci-e lanes, I would suggest nvme drives instead. I would not pay a premium for these drives...
  11. K

Adaptec 71605 Corrupt data on Raw drives, UEFI, GPT

Hi all, I have qty 4 of 10 TB individual NTFS drives on this controller. They're nearly full with backup data from other machines. I do not yet know if there is lurking corruption, as I have not yet figured out how to locate which specific file would be at the specific corruption address. And I...
  12. K

Lenovo ThinkServer SA120 - Rackmount DAS

Yes, it's a bit confusing. You have to pay very careful attention to the big B versus little b's. :-) Unfortunately lots of people intermix them incorrectly. Your chart is nice since it includes the effects of the encoding schemes. Thanks for sharing!
  13. K

I'm going to make some assumptions in order to reply. Disregard my answer if any assumptions are wrong. - Both cards are pci-e gen 3 x8 - Both slots on your MB are gen 3 and are connected directly to the CPU A gen 3 lane is 8 Gb/s. So in the worst case x4 slot, that's 32 Gb/s. It's more than...
  14. K

FS: Rare Intel Xeon v2 + Altera Stratix V FPGA 2U "HARP" server

Anyone interested in just the FPGA module? Make an offer!
  15. K

Thanks for posting the info about fan control - much appreciated! My only "easy" solution before this was to plug in both power supplies. For anyone looking for caddies, you don't have to buy specifically for the 120. Lots of models will work, such as these: 3.5" HDD Tray Driver Bay Caddy for...
  16. K

FS: Rare Intel Xeon v2 + Altera Stratix V FPGA 2U "HARP" server

Hi friends, Last year I bought this system from someone who didn't know what he had. It's an Intel 2U server that has an Altera Stratix V FPGA in socket #2 and a standard Xeon E5-2680 v2 in socket #1. Intel referred to these as "HARP" - heterogeneous architecture platform. I never got around...
  17. K

Cheapest 25/100GbE switch options?

Just giving a data point for those that might be interested - the cisco BiDi transceivers are usually about $60 - $70 used on ebay.
  18. K

FS: EdgeRouter Infinity

They purposely removed the ability to manually set the fan speed on the 48 port switch - and then the damn thing would overheat... Tried my best to raise hell on their forums. Absolutely zero response. I bailed about a year ago. Went with Fohdeesha's Brocades and have never looked back.
  19. K

Brocade ICX6450-24P vs Aruba S2500-24P for Homelab

I own both the Aruba 2500 and Brocade 6610s. DO NOT get a 6610 if it's in the same room where you sleep. No fan mods on that one. The fan mod on my 2500 made it nearly silent. Now, the box is a bit warm / hot to the touch, but it's been running like a champ for two years. I would say if you...
  20. K

Best low power SFP+ cards

Friendly suggestion to also consider the other side of the equation. If you want to really ensure a long run time on battery, consider buying a better UPS with a 2nd external battery.