Search results

1. pututu

[USA-FL][FS] New/Open Box Dell Server Gear

Reddit homelabsales have reasonable traffic, certainly more than here and some other PC forums that I have accounts with. Just remember to read the rules here. You may get equivalent price or a few percent lower than ebay price since reddit does not collect state sale tax in US unlike ebay...
  2. pututu

[SOLD] MSI Nvidia GT 710 & GT 720 video cards

Bump & price dropped! SOLD!
  3. pututu

[SOLD] MSI Nvidia GT 710 & GT 720 video cards

Have two of these cards (GT 720 and GT 710) clean and in good working condition. Both have 1GB vram and 192 cuda cores. Don't have the low profile bracket. Used in my DC cpu rigs for remote connection. These cards sip only a few watts at idle. Don't expect it to be able to play modern games...
  4. pututu

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

I know. That's why I used "retail" in double quotes. From what I see in ebay, sellers posted this cpu with heatspreader marked 100-000000054-0x always refer to this as 7502 QS or ES to improve search. The understanding is that the 100-000000054-0x was made available first for...
  5. pututu

I only know of the pre-production QS sample designated for retail part number specifically the 7502 QS (32-core) with -04 and 7740 QS (64-core) with -04 suffixes are two popular choices discussed in this thread for rome overclocking, at least from what I can remember. None of those "retail" QS...
  6. pututu

Sold [FS] US-CT :> (1) HP Mini 800 G9 (i7, 16gb, 512gb, RTX3050, Win11)

If it matters at all, I just contacted him in [H]ard|OCP Forum and he acknowledged that he posted this FS in STH. There are a few of us who are active in various PC/server forums. Yeah, there are a lot of scammers everywhere, so I fully understand your caution.
  7. pututu

[FS] Nvidia Tesla P100 GPU's - Another Price Drop - EDITED!

I used recycled cardboard to make a shroud and slapped in a Nidec 92mm fan (max 4400 rpm, 69.6 cfm, cannibalized from Dell system and modifying Dell proprietary pinout). This is good if you have no space constraint and only one card in the PC. Not the most elegant solution but it can keep the...
  8. pututu

[FS] [US-CA]: Dell T3600 Workstation

Bump. Still available and kept in a cold storage room during the winter months. Now it is spring so time to get out of hibernation. ;)
  9. pututu

No takers? Can't help on the shipping cost but any locals? Bump before Xmas holidays.
  10. pututu

For sale is one of my first few DC (distributed computing) rigs that I built back in 2016 and hardly used it since early 2020 as I've much more efficient rigs to use. See pictures for details of what you will receive (gpu not included). Just add a gpu to the workstation and off you go. Asking...
  11. pututu

WTB: Supermicro H11SSL-i or similar

Contact @Skillz as he has epyc 7551 and memory combo for sale at TAAT forum. Not sure if I can put a link here.
  12. pututu

AMD EPYC Genoa Gaps Intel Xeon in Stunning Fashion

I'm guessing the motherboard cost will go up to support pcie5 and ddr5, like the ryzen 7000 series, at least during the initial release until these features become mainstream soon. Anyway, for enterprise customer, usually it is the total cost of ownership over the life cycle of the system that...
  13. pututu

Will Xeon E5-4669v3 QS QH9B works in HP or Dell workstation?

Thanks for the information. Very helpful. I think most HP and Dell workstation (not server) can support max TDP (at least on production parts) but will need to do some research through HP or Dell manual for each model. If I can get a prebuilt one cheaply with low end xeon, I can just swap the...
  14. pututu

Will Xeon E5-4669v3 QS QH9B works in HP or Dell workstation?

Have a spare Xeon E5-4669 v3 QS. Wondering if this will work on HP (e.g. Z440) or Dell (e.g. T5810) workstation? It's a long shot but worth asking the experts here. Note: I know it works on my asrock X99M Fatal1ty. Thanks in advance.
  15. pututu

Off topic but I'm wondering if anyone has taken a shot at overclocking the Epyc milan ES/QS. There are a few Milan QS for sale in ebay right now.
  16. pututu

Epyc Milan 7763 QS

Anyone has any clue if this QS can be overclocked, similar to Rome? I suppose it will work on SM H12SSL boards? Seems like a good deal for Milan 64 core QS cpu. ebay 7763 QS
  17. pututu

Let us know how your mod turns out on P100. Thanks. Edit: P40 and P100 appear to have the same form factor. Possible to create a new thread and share your adventure with P40 mod?
  18. pututu

Don't know the answer to this. Though the P100 PCIE is meant for gpu server case I just made a fan shroud with recycled cardboard to cool the P100. I used push-pull fan configuration (sort of) to keep the temp below 70°C with noise level much lower than the gpu server system.
  19. pututu

SOLD: 2x Samsung/EMC 100GB SLC with Fiber Channel Interposer for 2₵ plus shipping

I thought you had asked this question before here and so did I ;) . From what I've researched, it could very well be the Samsung SSD firmware that prevents the change to 512B. Perhaps someone who still has the old EMC system with this SSD can provide comment.
  20. pututu

SOLD: 2x Samsung/EMC 100GB SLC with Fiber Channel Interposer for 2₵ plus shipping

Added today. See if anyone wants two old EMC 100GB enterprise SSD for almost free. Just pay shipping.