Search results

1. T

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

I'm confused. On my LB6M I'm already routing between VLAN's just fine. What I don't have, that I'd like, is IPv6 routing.
  2. T

Turbocharge your Quanta LB6M - Flash To Brocade TurboIron - Big Update!

Thanks for this. I'm anxious to try this. I really would like to setup IPv6 routing on this thing. I'm curious though. Your site claims the LED's won't work and that the original Brocade TurboIron 24x didn't have LED's. However, the manual turboiron24x-hardwareguide.pdf included in the ZIP...
  3. T

Keoki, I think you are doing something wrong. I'm pinging from my desktop on VLAN 255, with an IP of 10.255.200.6/255.255.0.0 My default gateway is 10.255.255.254 which is the IP of the VLAN 255 interface on my LB6M. Meanwhile, I have a VMware host with multiple VLAN's on a trunk port. One...
  4. T

I think what you're looking for is "Port Routing" instead of "VLAN routing". Here is some info from a manual I downloaded at some point. I tested it and my LB6M does support this "routing" command on the interface. Use the following commands to enable routing for ports on the switch. The...
  5. T

Are you sure you have an LB6M? The LB6M doesn't have a web interface.
  6. T

I just do a "show environment". It tells me my temperature. (LB6M 10GB) #show env Temp (Celsius)................................. 44 Fan Speed, RPM................................. 8120 Fan Duty Level................................. 55% Temperature traps range: 0 to 55 degrees (Celsius)...
  7. T

Thanks guys. I was just making sure, as I just purchased my switch and it seems to be working fine but if there was a problem I would want to send it back. And actually, mine blinks consistently but it's not a regular pattern. Almost looks like some morse code.
  8. T

Does your flash amber? Anyone else?
  9. T

Same thing happened to me. I also have mine in the rear, in between a fibre channel switch and my 48 port POE switch. Got home today and they were at 100%. Cooled it off with a box fan but I need something better than this. Also, does anyone know what the LED's mean? I have a green light...
  10. T

How are you managing this? Do you have the code from a different switch that you're trying to merge into this one?
  11. T

Yes it's Layer 3 I'm looking for. This switch lacks it. It doesn't have the IPv6 module from what I can see.
  12. T

Yeah I know this stuff happens a lot. But I'm trying to figure out if there is any better software we could run on this LB6M. Specifically, something that supports IPv6. I really don't care about a GUI or anything. It's working well for me as is, but I'd love to be able to move IPv6 over to...
  13. T

I saw Patrick mention this switch in a different thread in this same forum this morning: Dell B-TI24X Brocade TI-24X-AC with 24x Dual-Speed 10G SFP+ Ports To me this switch looks almost identical to the LB6M. The only difference is 1 extra management port on the LB6M. Does anyone have the...
  14. T

Could be a VLAN issue. Could be an LACP issue. I don't know anything about Nexenta. I did a quick google and found this: Nexentastor/ESXi5/3750G/LACP/VDS/NFS/iSCSI - Part 1 - EverythingShouldBeVirtual Looks like the Nexenta defaults to L3/L4 for LACP. I'm guessing the LB6M is L2, which is...
  15. T

It also looks like this switch somewhat works with Cisco CDP. It gives me the port it's plugged into, that's the main thing I always like to have.
  16. T

On my LB6M I did this: interface 0/25 addport 1/1 exit interface 0/26 addport 1/1 exit interface 0/27 addport 1/1 exit interface 0/28 addport 1/1 exit interface 0/25 description 'LAG to Extreme Switch' exit interface 0/26 description 'LAG to Extreme Switch' exit interface 0/27 description 'LAG...
  17. T

Got my switch earlier this week. So far I'm really enjoying it. Got LAG/LACP setup with 4 1GB connections to my Extreme Networks switch (don't laugh - it's not a bad switch!) Got my IPv4 VLAN's all setup with routing, the only thing I haven't moved to it from my Extreme switch is IPv6. - Edit...