Search results

1. Z

NIC firmware update on ROMED8-2T failed?!

Ah. I didn't know the BIOS/BMC included updates to the X550 chip too. Cool!
  2. Z

NIC firmware update on ROMED8-2T failed?!

Did you manage to update your ROMED8-2T board to 3.6?
  3. Z

1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

Was not hard to find with a bit of searching: https://usermanual.wiki/Document/X10SLHLN6TF.3021221699/view
  4. Z

EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

Will be replacing the fans inside of the SX6036 and didn't want to cannabalize the original fan connectors. Will be making an adapter to the standard 4 pin connectors that we're all used to. I've ordered this: 3.3US $ 45% OFF|20pairs Micro 1.25mm Picoblade 4 Pin Connector Male Female with...
  5. Z

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

I think you may be mistaken? 4-Pin is a power input on the H11SSL-NC Rev 2.0
  6. Z

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I can try it out, need to find where the only 2.5G device I have is.
  7. Z

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

@cap Sorry but why did you have to get that specific Aquantia transceiver? Aren't the Brocade switches not picky at all and actually will run most transceivers? https://www.servethehome.com/sfp-to-10gbase-t-adapter-module-buyers-guide/ I bought the HiFiber Transceiver listed in the above...
  8. Z

And so it begins... First AMD Ryzen AM4 server motherboard.

I'm assuming it's a way to flash the BMC firmware. Based on this BIOS_PH1 header which says that a PH1 header is to flash the BIOS. So making the logical assumption that BMC_PH1 = header to flash firmware for BMC.
  9. Z

Just tested it on my board and I can confirm that it doesn't work. I'm also on 3.02. Seems like when they added the fan control table, they removed the ipmi commands to do manual fan control. Seems kinda unnecessary to remove it. I'm assuming 2.20 is the last version that actually has the raw...
  10. Z

hmm. What IPMI version are you on? I can test on mine. I'm on 3.02
  11. Z

You both don't need to. Just grab the latest BMC and IPMI off their download page and those will give you fan settings. @beepus to actually answer your question. Yes I have. I've used the raw commands to do it and they work fine. I used supermicro's windows `SMCIPMITool` to do it...
  12. Z

Not that I can see. Release notes: https://www.supermicro.com/Bios/softfiles/12118/X10SLH-F_IPMI_3_90_release_notes.pdf
  13. Z

Upgraded the ipmi on the board from 3.84 to 3.90. Used the ipmi firmware for the X10SLH-F for the upgrade. Did a backup in case anything went wrong but seems to be working fine.
  14. Z

ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T Review an ATX AMD EPYC Platform

I'm on the newer 3.20 bios and 01.19 IPMI but it seems like the kvm console isn't working?
  15. Z

Upgraded my board to beta IPMI and bios. Didn't see anything special other than the FAN settings that came in 2.32.
  16. Z

Would just like to mention that the IO layout is the same as various other SM boards. The part number for the IO shield is MCP-260-00084-0N. https://store.supermicro.com/mcp-260-00084-0n.html
  17. Z

ASRock ROMED8-2T SATA Connection Problem

You connect the sata power from your PSU to it.
  18. Z

That's the extremely weird thing about the cables that came with the board... It comes with OcuLink to 4 x SATA breakout but are apparently supposed to be used with U.2 drives? It also comes with Mini SAS HD to 4 x U.2 connector breakout. Not sure why that was the case when SATA doesn't work...
  19. Z

I've seen that. Was specifically asking for that users configuration since he claimed that he was able to get it working. I've switched jumper configuration and tested in every configuration and nothing worked to get the drives detected in both UEFI and ESXi. I have an X570D4I-2T that does...